MTA died... [Lock this please]

diegofkda

Question

I don't have any problems with FPS or map editor. And I'm using MTA 1.0.5. And I don't get any crashes.

Some of those issues happens on some computers.

MapEditor saving I dont really know if its on some computers or just me, but the same thing happens to some friends, and others no.

• Discord Moderators

To a certain extent you are right, even though your post seems a bit aggressive.

MTA 1.0.2 was indeed the most stable version for me too, and it's gone down-hill FPS-wise from there.

I haven't received any major issues in 1.0.4+ yet, except the FPS does swing a bit, and indeed this is getting worse in 1.1 (but keep in mind 1.1 is still an unstable build)

The latest performance problem was fixed shortly, and so I believe these fps problems will disappear eventually. I think it's wrong to say MTA died or 1.0.5 is the worst release. 1.0.5 has it's constrains, like 1.0.3 had it's constrains. If you compare these two, 1.0.3 you could cheat and ban evade, in 1.0.5 you can barely either but you have small FPS struggle. MTA is being actively developed, if we all help troubleshoot the origin of these performance impacts, I'm sure it'll be fixed.

BTW, I tried to launch a Linux server with 1.0.2 version and it worked really nice, then I launch a 1.0.5 version and it sucked.

Can you be a bit more specific? 1.0.5 on Linux is fine for me.

Many servers are lagging (Xtreme-Players, DKR, mtasa.tk, Race TARA|x5|, INCLUDING MAP EDITOR!)

Recently, at DKR at least, we've found that the admin resource is extremely demanding during 80+ player counts. Our server would completely freeze up, until now we've stopped it. (We think it's maybe got something to do with the element data events)

I think on the big scale the admin resource should be seriously optimised, or rewritten to serve as a more lightweight admin resource.

I don't follow you on the map editor complaint though. 1.0.5 without any players is the same as 1.0.2 for me.

There are some issues yes, which have cause FPS drops, but in no way is MTA dying or has died because of that. ccw808 fixed the 1.0.5 FPS bugs rather shortly and everything is back to the way it was on 1.0.4.

But I gotta admit that I miss the times (1.0.2) while I could play with max FPS regardless of player count. Now I can only get the normal, maxxed out FPS while there are only very few players next to me. In Race map starts it's really annoying to get 20-30 FPS instead of normal 45 on my server. And I'm not tired of saying it, that it has probably got something to do with asynchronous loading and developers should take some time and look into it, because before this addition, there were little to none FPS related issues. Since then, the major FPS issues begun. And no, playing with the settings doesn't help, the lag persists when there are more than 6 cars around me. For some, playing with the settings got rid of stalling (1-2 second stalls while driving with many players next to them), but still didn't give back stable FPS.

I have noticed some lag in 1.0.5 and I've heard many people complain about it, but I wouldn't go as far as say that MTA is dying. An issue that bothers me in this release is map rendering problems. Sometimes It looks like I'm driving on air and I drive into objects. It takes a while to fully load the objects.

To a certain extent you are right, even though your post seems a bit aggressive.

MTA 1.0.2 was indeed the most stable version for me too, and it's gone down-hill FPS-wise from there.

I haven't received any major issues in 1.0.4+ yet, except the FPS does swing a bit, and indeed this is getting worse in 1.1 (but keep in mind 1.1 is still an unstable build)

The latest performance problem was fixed shortly, and so I believe these fps problems will disappear eventually. I think it's wrong to say MTA died or 1.0.5 is the worst release. 1.0.5 has it's constrains, like 1.0.3 had it's constrains. If you compare these two, 1.0.3 you could cheat and ban evade, in 1.0.5 you can barely either but you have small FPS struggle. MTA is being actively developed, if we all help troubleshoot the origin of these performance impacts, I'm sure it'll be fixed.

BTW, I tried to launch a Linux server with 1.0.2 version and it worked really nice, then I launch a 1.0.5 version and it sucked.

Can you be a bit more specific? 1.0.5 on Linux is fine for me.

Many servers are lagging (Xtreme-Players, DKR, mtasa.tk, Race TARA|x5|, INCLUDING MAP EDITOR!)

Recently, at DKR at least, we've found that the admin resource is extremely demanding during 80+ player counts. Our server would completely freeze up, until now we've stopped it. (We think it's maybe got something to do with the element data events)

I think on the big scale the admin resource should be seriously optimised, or rewritten to serve as a more lightweight admin resource.

I don't follow you on the map editor complaint though. 1.0.5 without any players is the same as 1.0.2 for me.

Yep about server-lagging it was the host. (I was really angry about 1.0.5, so I said that lol)

About linux, works nice but with low FPS and some crashes.

The thing is, Frames per Seconds are so slow in 1.0.5, and game crashes every 10 - 20 minutes, thats why I was so angry lol.

Engine was nice in 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 engine functions started to lag.

the admin resource is extremely demanding during 80+ player counts. Our server would completely freeze up

Yeah, we used to get pretty nasty lag months back when we had 60 players on at the most. Stopped admin and created a very light version of it that does the same job and we were running smoothly when we hit 128 players two weeks back.

Engine was nice in 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 engine functions started to lag.

No they have always been the same since MTA 1.0 and even before.

Yep maybe, but sometimes, I get 1 fps (and textures fading in and out) with custom models.

Well, for me it's seems that MTA is quite CPU hungry, specially with many players (spawns, many players, objects at the same place). Anyway, when I overclocked my Q6600 to 3,2GHz, I didn't marked any performance issues anymore. So on modern PC's there shouldn't be any issues i think. MTA gets improved all the time with new features and other stuff. It's logic that it will be more performace hungry with all these things. Sure, you can optimize software but give it a time. I suppose that it's not that easy.

• Discord Moderators

The latest release of 1.0.5 has incredible performance updates.

I get 50FPS in a race server, where I usually get ~ 30 - 35.

With this addition, 1.0.5 is the far best release in the 1.0.x series for me, both feature and performance wise.

With this addition, 1.0.5 is the far best release in the 1.0.x series for me, both feature and performance wise.

Seconded. ccw has done some outstanding (as always) improvements to FPS just recently.

Then MTA SA 1.1 is going to be a revolution. "MTA died" No no no, MTA lives!

Wait wait wait! by default, max FPS is 36, so that can be a bug, maybe 1.0.5 doesn't read the max FPS setting in mtaconfig.cfg.

Yes, I can get 100 fps, if I want, editing mtaconfig of my server.

It may not be so much an issue of MTA being dead, but San Andreas being dead. There really needs to be a push to release MTAIV. Maybe after 1.1 is released the team can shift more of it's resources over to developing MTAIV, beacuse that is the new frontier.

The most used resolution by MTA players is 800x600 because they all have old/cheap computers, you really think loads of people would be able to even play GTA IV? SA might not have amazing graphics but it has more features than IV, driving trains, flying aircraft, country, desert, etc etc and at least SA has anti-aliasing unlike IV does. But better than all that it already has a great multiplayer component.

Even IF San Andreas is all they can manage on their computer, there is no way to get over the fact that the game is 6 or 7 years old now. There are also lots of people that would LOVE to play a MTAIV, even if they only get 15 FPS. Also, the R* multiplayer isn't that great, it dosen't support custom scripting, you can't run your own server, no custom mapping, you can't run your own server, and it's always empty.

I can play GTA:IV, but i don't have it, i love the phisics and so on, but it's like, GTA:SA has more features to offer.

Right!

It may not be so much an issue of MTA being dead, but San Andreas being dead. There really needs to be a push to release MTAIV. Maybe after 1.1 is released the team can shift more of it's resources over to developing MTAIV, beacuse that is the new frontier.

Download ENBSeries then.

Edited by Guest

Some people (before towncivilian’s update) were still begging for a new release of GTA3, let alone VC. As for SA, the numbers are actually increasing so any sign of a declining mod is false. There are players from the past who still jump back every now and again, and then there are the current generation of prime players and also the new players of tomorrow finding out what our community is about.