MTA for Mac CXEx Port

zottffssen

Question

I have seen many threads about MTA for the Mac and thought that I would post this.

There is a CXEx port for MTA to the Mac. For those of you who do not know what this is, it is basically a a small .app with a windows engine built in. All you do is copy and paste the windows install files into the .app and then install MTA using the Installer.app. All instructions are provided.

http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7309

You will have to make an account on portingteam.com to view the post.

Finally everyone with a mac can now play MTA easily without having to switch into Windows with Bootcamp or play in a slow and buggy VM! The performance on the highest settings is just as good as a PC, however I have a high end mac, so your performance my be worse.

DISCLAIMER:

I did not make this port nor am I making any claim to have made it. I am merely reposting it so more people can benefit from it. I am not affiliated with portingteam.com in any way, other than being a member to download ports.

P.S. Intel Macs ONLY

6 answers to this question

I have MTA running under OS X using Crossover Games. Install GTA into a fresh bottle, then install MTA into the same one, then you might need to copy a couple of fonts over to the bottle's C:/windows/fonts/ folder, but other than that it works well.