• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the feature :

96 Players

All Animations synched

70+ Player Models ingame choosable

Choose **** * ***** (***** **** *** ***** ***********/*******)

Ingame menu

Ingamechat (10Lines+LOG)

ingame console

Menu in more than 9 languages

Scoreboard (+Extra Informations)

New speedometer

Ingame serverlist + WebServerlist

Server [Pasword protected + Remote server Access with WebInterface]

Synched Weather/Time choosable

more than one guy in one car

:shock: this might be more than we expacted from darcoblue....is that guy still working alone...wow...impressive.

yeah. I remember when they used to have an awesome feature list that had apparently been finished. then when it was released all those cool features magically disappeared. :roll:

I'll believe it when its released

(I have no doubt all those features will be there eventually, just it would take way too long, esp. going by the current progress counter)

I would have to agree with Wheezle. MTA only states what we know will be in the next release, whereas up until this point gtat always posts what they they will be done, rather than what they know.

Wait and see what they truly have completed.

He's working with gtawo now. But the net part is by draco.

Sorry this is not correct!

All these features are by DRACO!

GTA:WO don't see the code :), and

maybe a few users know why :twisted: ...

All these feature are in, SURE!

And that's not all, these are the MAIN-Features,

the really new features BURN so HOT 8) .

In the next Time you see a movie,

but no movies/pictures

with 96 players, for the closed beta test we have still 10

beta testers, and THIS IS ENOUGH...

The netcode is BRANDNEW and allow

some really nice new features.

96 players = NO LAG! But you need a good Server (Like 10/Mbit).

Thanks for the Support.

Believe it - or play MTA!

Just my 2 cents...

• MTA Team

The following represents a personal opinion, not the opinion of the team!

The features look impressive, to impressive.

96 players : draco claims to have a verry good compression method. Big compression takes a lot of CPU power and takes time to decompress, 2 possible problems

All animations synched : verry possible off course

70+ player models: if you can do 2, you can do all models

Ingame menu : it's just an extension of the overlay system we use, you will always need to start a client first and probably it still replaces files

ingame chat/console/scoreboard: we are doing the same and is builld the same way as the menu

New speedometer: and the use is???

Ingame serverlist/webserverlist : and what if you want to join a server you found on the netlist? you need to remeber the ip???

Synched weather/time : again just some memory adresses

more than one guy in a car : we have passenger code as well.

Point is, the only 2 extra feayures he has are 96 players and ingame menu instead of an external client. The ingame menu system off course is an advantage over us but we will have to see how his client will perform, how the netcode works (only tested with 10 ppl so far) and what it does with your CPU and for those with a low end system. And we do not see how 96 players can be fun, you can have a litle over 100 vehicles in the game so that's one car/player with that many ppl. Also 96 non AI players is a hell of a lot on such a "small" map. And unless there is complete random spawning we will see a lot of spawn killing.

Also we do not see any features regarding anti cheat/trainer software. We have problems with them on small servers, imagine on a server where 50 ppl are playing.

• MTA Team

Allright, before we get lamers on both forums : MTA and GTAt did not know from each other that they were doing stuff like character selection or passenger code. So no one stole the idea from the other!

I post this to prevent ppl from saying otherwise cause i know they will.

I'm not taking sides here and I'm not commenting for or against anyone or thing:

New speedometer: and the use is???

I'm actually quite fond of the km/h feat in gtaT! :D

And we do not see how 96 players can be fun, you can have a litle over 100 vehicles in the game so that's one car/player with that many ppl.

I could see a prob there as well if this is the case!

Also 96 non AI players is a hell of a lot on such a "small" map.

I must disagree, I find the map quite large for 32 players MP gaming and I thought that was partially the reason for Multiplicity?? Of course this would require random spawning, which is not on the feat list! :shock:

Cray :

I would have to agree with Wheezle. MTA only states what we know will be in the next release, whereas up until this point gtat always posts what they they will be done, rather than what they know.

Sorry, but the promised Speed-game-mode or other game-modes are not in MTA 0.3b or in MTA VC, so plz don't complain about my foolish presenting of all features I wanted to add until gta3t 1.0 will be out.

The current featurelist is complete for gtat 0.5 and some features (the number of cars and so on) aren't released yet and will get on the page when release of gtat 0.5 gets closer.

Cya, DracoBlue

PS: This is nothing against MTA it is only a thing which complaining users should know

I have a feeling i'm already not liked on this forum, but after reading one post, which seems very anti GTAt, its put my views on the mta forum down considerably, i still like mta, and i've mentioned which mp i've prefer, not over the features, but by the way its done, but i don't think theres any need to put the other mod down, and 96 players spread over 2 big islands and 3 isn't it? small islands..

Also, compression doesn't really slow down computers that play GTA, i have run gta 3 & vc on compressed harddrives, i'm not recommending it, but theres no slow down because only computers pre 586 mite slow down with it. and thats MB's of data constantly being compressed/uncompressed, not a few k which i can't see any more more than a few k a second being used, no where near a MB anyway

Sorry if i offended anyone, but i like MTA and GTAt and i've only managed to get one to work correctly (and thats MTA but, that doesn't mean i like GTAt anyless just because it doesn't work for me, just like i think React OS is an amazing project, and because its not finished yet, that doesn't make it crap, or because its trying to run windows programs and isn't linux doesn't mean its gonna have the same bugs as windows, and yes when with the early realises the software wasn't impressive whatsoever on a user level, but on a programming level it was an incrieable achivement in my opinion)

and i'm dam sure i have tons of typo's before anyone corrects me :P

Sorry, but the promised Speed-game-mode or other game-modes are not in MTA 0.3b or in MTA VC, so plz don't complain about my foolish presenting of all features I wanted to add until gta3t 1.0 will be out.

I cannot speak for MTA 0.3b, as I was not part of the team then, but we NEVER said that any game modes other than basic deathmatch were going to be implemented in MTA:VC 0.1 or MTA:VC 0.2. Do some research before posting please.

but after reading one post, which seems very anti GTAt, its put my views on the mta forum down considerably

Last time I checked this forum is hosted by MTA and is 99% dedicated to MTA. I cannot imagine why many people would "put down" gtat, can you? C'mon now, you have to remember your audience when posting things or you will never gain respect.

Wait and see.