Release: MTA 0.5r2 for GTA3/VC

Towncivilian

I'll number my responses since you brought up a lot of good discussion points lol:

1. As far as I know, it's not intelligent enough to use shortcuts, but let me know if you do get it working in case I'm wrong.

2. Suspected Trainer Usage can be caused by a number of things, including the client itself just having issues. Try connecting again. Certain key words in running programs and media on your computer can trigger it too, such as the words "blood", "hack", "cheat", etc.

3. Check the server config. It outlines the default ports, and what you need to open. It also explains it in such a way that makes it simple to understand what ports you need to open if you change the default ports ;)

4. Ya, unfortunately people don't want to stay online long. It would be cool if we could organize events to bring people to the servers.

5. The in-game scoreboard exists. It's one of the F<#> keys, although I cannot remember which one.

6. Mission portal at the safehouse? Do you know which city you're referring to?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Yes. Just you can't DJ. You cannot randomize them. I believe they play in order of directory/filename.

2. My 'names all around are very clean..no matter

3. Will do. I'm with crummy AT&T. All I do is unblock a port that's needed. Just throw my gateway IP in my browser and commence. When it's several I start getting slightly frustrated being slightly clustered but I can make it happen.

4. Mmhmm. I'm not really fond of IRC either. But the Mibbit link up there from Town-Ball (lol) is pretty neat. I'll chit chat it up hopefully get some activity in the server.

5. Alright. Trying F1-F12.

6. I know that in the 3rd city, it's the payphone icon. You can choose "steal a gang leader's car", driving a bomb-rigged bus for a minute without slowing down much, you can choose a race event..

I'm trying to rephrase myself. Event portals ? It's there in the 1st city safehouse too. But in the 2nd city I couldn't see one.

If I'm still unclear, suppose Fraps will run in GTAIII. Yeh, guaranteed, I'll do you a 10-15 second clip on the tube.

Me and a few buds always look for D maps. Defense maps. lol. I suck @ it to battle anyone.

My cousin visited from New Jersey. Thanks to him I have it. Purchased right around its release. 1998. Just last year I went to battle.net I think, gave them my original CDKEY to get a larger "Game Key" & download BW expansion. Serves as a N0CD fix, too.

So so great. Screw W0W. I'm embarassed Blizzard are behind that. I still need to check out the Diablo series and how they behave on Windows 7.

I guess there's no passengers in GTAIII. I remember Vice City has that feature.

Passengers in GTA III works as well, but if I remember correctly, there's another button for it.

Off-topic: Hahaha, ya, I've had it since SC1's release as well. My friend introduced me to it yeaaarrrrsss ago.

Right click and some keyboard key I can't remember is passengers in GTA3:MTA.

• 1 month later...

Major problem. So I've been trying to jump on Vice City but 0.5r2 tells that data\mtad.scm is not in my VC directory and refuses to run the game. Says reinstall 0.5r2 ? No idea..hopefully someone can send me a clean mtad.scm

It runs without MTA fine. No versions, it's just 1.0

Sugar, also seen you for a bit in RPG server. Hoped to get your attention to GTAIII but ah wells

mtamtadscm.jpg

I did try its other suggestion. Still getting this error

• 2 weeks later...
Okay what about making a Freeroam for VC?

In the current version, just use the Deathmatch gamemode. The only difference between Freeroam and Deathmatch with MTA 0.5r2 is Deathmatch has weapons spawned in random locations which you can't remove or control at this time. Other than that, it would be identical to a Freeroam map.

Ever since trying widescreen fixes, it keeps calling me a trainer. I got to reinstall GTAVC, may do that again, and it let me play for a little, then I crashed, then when I try again it still suspects me of training

So I'm gonna run a server, and hopefully there's an option to calm it down for my friend, just in case

Maybe I'll have to add them as exceptions, Data Execution Prevention wise..I don't know..

I tried to config, using the button and MTAServerConfigTool.exe but then I'm presented with:

mta05error.jpg

Ever since trying widescreen fixes, it keeps calling me a trainer. I got to reinstall GTAVC, may do that again, and it let me play for a little, then I crashed, then when I try again it still suspects me of training

So I'm gonna run a server, and hopefully there's an option to calm it down for my friend, just in case

Maybe I'll have to add them as exceptions, Data Execution Prevention wise..I don't know..

I tried to config, using the button and MTAServerConfigTool.exe but then I'm presented with:

mta05error.jpg

You may wish to reinstall your MTA. That error actually surprises me, because IIRC, that is a Windows DLL. You may want to do a scan for malware on your system because if that is corrupt or missing, you may have problems. Make sure you run it an an Administrator first if on WinVista/7 though. This tends to fix many common or strange bugs that pop up at random in the client.