A New Radio Station

SM xenex

IDEA:

-> first, this radio idea should be optional

-> second, there is a really easy way to implement it. mod GTA to have two mp3 folders. when mta is running, it will add the second one ingame. it will function exactly the same as the normal mp3 player, except gta will load from \radio instead of \mp3.

-> for the second mp3 "\radio" folder, just display "Public Radio" instead of "mp3" for the station name

this was users could optionally download the radio files.

then there could be a standardized protocal for making radios. example: start each one off with and opening welcome from the DJ, ie: "welcome to Dj Gtatari here on Mta's hottest public radio!!" and end with a universal closing statment: "this dj's signing off, but Im sure the next one will rock! stay classy liberty city"

thus the could play in any random order and still make sense

I dont know much about memory hacking , but wouldnt you have to modify the .exe to get thwo MP3 folders? IF so , then it is umpossible , because Rockstar said you cant modify the exe :D pitty....

but you can operate the game works, once its loaded into ram. otherwise mta wouldnt work either.

all would be needed is to add another radio in the queue so pressing r can go one higher ('higher' in the count of radios) than before. then once this extra radio is initiated, it just puts gta in mp3 mode, but tells gta to load from another folder.

doing this once gta has loading and in game is the key. thus no exe moding required and it isnt umpossible, ralph :wink:

I dont know much about memory hacking , but wouldnt you have to modify the .exe to get thwo MP3 folders? IF so , then it is umpossible , because Rockstar said you cant modify the exe :D pitty....

Couldn't you just get VC to play a blank sound file and play sound over the top (i.e. not through the game engine)? And guys, no-one wants to download massive MP3 files, so it would be better if it was streamed.

• 1 month later...
why not rename the original MP3 folder to MP3_temp, and renaming an MTA_MP3 folder to MP3, when MTA starts. this way you don't have to hack any memory stuff..

That wasn't the problem. The problem was how does the user get the MP3 files on their PC in the first place?

Actually there was a GTASCRadio program which would buffer Shoutcast stations and write mp3s to your Vice City or GTA3 mp3 folder. It is not very efficient (if it loses connection, you have to manually reconnect), and I think that development has ceased on the project altogether. It would be great if someone would pick this up and keep it going. If you want it, it is available here:

http://www.divxland.org/gta/shoutcastradio/