names!

Evil

just an idea for the name problem where players use dev names or use names that can offend people! how about setting up a site where where you have too register a nick before you are allowed to play? and there is filters that could be used to protect the dev names and all the other stupid names! hehe not calling all the names stupid only the ones that are full of cusswords or ones that are just jibberish or a noname name :P i still think the color code and the !@#$%^&*() should still be allowed makes it a little funner:) a nother good thing out of this is if someone is banned from a main server they could get banned from using their name for a sertain time causing them not able to play at all unless they have a second name but then thats where an ip filter comes in how about 1 account for each ip? dunno just an idea :)

hmm... what if... you have a static ip... not everyone plays on cable... god...

I've seen a few people make this mistake, so I'll clear up the confusion.

Static IP adresses do not change. Static, as in stationary, as in not moving or changing.

Dynamic IP's do change. Dynamic, as in moving, changing. Sometimes, but not always, changed everytime the user connects. Sometimes changed after a set period of time.

Quite simple really isn't it? :P

Filters dont have to use the full ip just most of the numbers if you have a dinamic ip not all the numbers will change when you reconnect sometimes they do but most the time only happens once in every 400 try well thats how it worked when i used sdsl most the time only numbers that changed are the last ones :)

I was thinking...

Having to set up a profile on mta website to play, the profile stores everything in your status info, like the money you have and weapons since last visit or something, or perhaps this should be a server thing, but one profile must be made on the website, with username, password and id number or something.

maybe the profile can store what stunts theyve done etc, like in the player status window :P

also I was thinking maybe server admins could own buildings , like they start there and can store cars in their garages etc..

oh yea, and have cheaters locked up in a police jail if they join :P (if teleport cheats dont work of course lol or there would be no point :P)

they want a DM and not a RPG with Register
yeah i would not mind dm too but seeing some people stealing other peoples names realy sucks would it realy hurt to take 2-3 minutes to make a profile? i would not mind it if it keeps name theifs off mta:)

Dynamic IP's do change. Dynamic, as in moving, changing. Sometimes, but not always, changed everytime the user connects. Sometimes changed after a set period of time.

Sometimes, but not always --- Isn't that the same?

Sometimes, but not always, changed everytime --- sometimes and everytime are exactly the opposite..

Isn't that confusing?

Sometimes, but not always --- Isn't that the same?

Sometimes, but not always, changed everytime --- sometimes and everytime are exactly the opposite..

Isn't that confusing?

Yes, but if you're in doubts what hes trying to say is that it changes EVERYTIME you connect and SOMETIMES while you're connected when a period of time has passed!