SKC Customs

Ivan_xXx

Hi

I am here to tell you a bit about the SKC server, this is not a clan introduction, just what we have done with our maps. We have got together and thought of numerous ways of making the racing part much much better and noob friendly. (the fail dd server seems to be doing good anyway).

Most of our maps now use custom car models. These have been specially selected and optimised by us personally so as to 1. reduce the file size massively. And 2. Most importantly keep your fps high 3. We are also lucky to have a programming guru who made sure that the replacement cars handle *exactly* the same as the gta originals. As most cars are reused on mulltiple maps, you will only need to download them once. Typical car size is around 2-3mb

Cntinuing on with the custom theme, thx to 50p's map exporter script we are now able to convert high quality maps from other games, such as toca race driver and otthers and play them in MTA. Just like with the cars, before being put into the game the maps are optimised first to accomodate users with weaker graphics. Typical custom map size 5-10mb. 15 for Nurburgring, but that's a monster.

If you are hardcore racer, we do F1 races. These run on sundays and are very strict. Qualifying ponits and other stuff that happens in real F1 like crashes, i like those :twisted: . The car has custom handling written for it so it handles really well. We have even introduced a choice between an automatic and manual gearbox!

Pop in an see if you like it. We are open to any critisism over at http://www.teamskc.co.uk

Thankyou, Here are a few screenshots of our maps, more to come :

Monza

85179312.jpg

Bathurst

dsfcu.jpg

88388483.jpg

32943567.jpg

mtascreen20100706210425.jpg

Spa Francorchamps

31174621.jpg

Nurburgring

33312254.jpg

47521074.jpg

95274446.jpg

mtascreen20100830161345.jpg

Actual size reletive to GTA map

24hloading.jpg

F1 server

hud2.jpg

Some of our modded cars

gtasa2010080220505137.jpg

gtasa2010080220552794.jpg

gtasa2010080221242601.jpg

Wow. :o Speechless......

Nurburgring Nordschleife was the largest track in the world, so you're making the impossible becomes possible?

Wow, damn I can't wait to play the track!! Make as realistic as you can.

(Btw, I played this track when I played Gran Turismo 4 and I think it was impossible to be made in GTA SA, but maybe I'm wrong this time. :P)

Looking very, very good. You guys seem to know how to create decent looking, low definition maps. Texturing looks good too, which can be a real killer for a good model (texturing sucks in SketchUp :cry: ).

I wish you guys good luck with the whole project, I actually did expect that you'd do something like this sometime :P. I'll come by sometime :).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

All the maps are converted of course. Would take for ever to model it all. Cars are partially us. They are made by other people who are credited, we then take then back into 3DS MAX, optimise them a lot so arent 5mb but rather 1 or 2. And one of our members made a program that make the cars handle and have the exact same collisions as the GTA counterpart. So yea a lot is done by us.

Ok, reason I ask is there are legal ramifications for taking game content without permission from the creators of that content - unless of course you've already emailed and received permission from the developers of TOCA Race Driver and any other games you took content from. When you say 'it would take forever to model it all', well, someone did spend forever modelling it. So hopefully you've already considered all of that.

I guess what I'm saying is that you should be wary about giving people the impression that you created the custom content yourselves, when really it's mostly just converted/edited content from other people. And as I mentioned above, you'd be wise to note the legal implications of converting or editing other people's work without their permission (particularly other game's content), and freely broadcasting it via a game server. It might seem innocuous, but people have run into legal difficulties over much less.

But hey, besides all of that, looks like you've put in some genuine time and effort yourselves on the stuff that you guys created, so I hope things go well for you - good luck with the server.