Anticheat suggestions

riahc3

Hey

The cheating on MTA is becoming simply unbearable. I believe this topic should be for ideas on how to prevent it.

A quick one off the top of my head would be a ID/signing method. Each time MTA is installed (yes, I know uninstalling would be simple but it would be time consuming every time you are banned and have to uninstall and reinstall), MTA generates a ID. That ID is not only signed by MTA but is signed INTO the gtasa.exe executable. If you are banned from ANY server for cheating, that ID (and the .exe) is not allowed to enter any servers. If the ID and the sig in the gtasa.exe do not match, you cannot enter either.

Another solution would registring into the MTA site itself. Would also make everything more "Steamlike" but MTA devs can view cheating methods and boot automatically from servers, learn from the cheating methods and implant anticheats, etc. Also this would ban you from the site itself which instalation could be numered uniquely so even though it is downloaded from another site, it cant be used as it is not the next unique instal in the list.

Another, this the most expensive one, would be bots. Every server would have a bot. If there is a cheater reported, the server picks up the details from the cheater (IP, MAC, username, memory details, etc) and MTA can view it to learn from it.

The MTA team problably thought most of these out but giving ideas doesnt hurt. Lets hope there is less and less cheating in MTA.

serial system is working fine, it's hard to change your serial, even reinstalling windowscan't help you.

logging in to mta community for stats via ingame login is disabled, not serial generating

theres good anticheat for sobeit written by Phat Looser . sobeit is most popular cheat app, so this is much helpful

I have helped a server get rid of the cheaters for the most part. Here's all you need to do:

• Block all versions lower than 1.0.4, so also block 1.0.3. This'll make it harder for people with hacks to join a server
  • Get that anti-cheat by PhatLooser
  • Get a few (good and active!) admins
  • Create a simple report system, so people can report cheaters to admins (possibly via IRC / E-Mail using the sockets module)

That's basically all you need to do. You'll be surprised how many cheaters are already prevented by blocking versions lower than 1.0.4. Barely anyone non-cheater still runs 1.0.3 or lower anyhow. PhatLooser's anti-cheat will prevent s0beit pretty nastily, don't count on them doing a lot of harm after that beast has been unleashed. And the report system and admins would be a pretty fail-safe system, just in case the hacks aren't being detected.

That's all. Of course you'll still have some problems with hackers, but it won't be out of control; not by far.

You know admin panel has a /report command.

Which only shows up if you press a button which says "Messages 0/0" most of the time and if someone sends a report, the only thing that happens is that it turns into "1/1". It's way too easy to miss.

Yea, there was a /report bug in early 1.0 versions though, where the messages would re-create themselves over and over, and give you like 7,000 duplicate reports. And then when you go to read the reports, your client crashes from loading them all. I'm pretty sure it's been resolved now.

Well, Ca11um was talking about /report feature, which is working fine now.

Just keep away from servers with cheaters - they will probably stay in this way.

You can also avoid russian servers - lot of them all full of cheaters. Rest seems to accept that :shock:

Also be warned when guy from Hungary joins ([HUN]) - I've only seen like 3 Hungarians without cheats for 6 months, when I had own server. 50 others was banned for cheating.

PS. Nothing against Russians or Hungarians - but your mates are often cheating :(

Well, Ca11um was talking about /report feature, which is working fine now.

Just keep away from servers with cheaters - they will probably stay in this way.

You can also avoid russian servers - lot of them all full of cheaters. Rest seems to accept that :shock:

Also be warned when guy from Hungary joins ([HUN]) - I've only seen like 3 Hungarians without cheats for 6 months, when I had own server. 50 others was banned for cheating.

PS. Nothing against Russians or Hungarians - but your mates are often cheating :(

i can confirm that [HUN] tag, im not sure how many i have banned but its around 90% of the people from that tag/country.

For me it usually takes a few attempts to type out a /votekick *insert long hackers name here* and as such I rarely report them however i usually tell them to turn off there stupid hacks and sometimes somebody else on the server will callvote them off for me. (quite often causing them to return to kill me with avengence or votekick me off lol)

I dont know if this is possible but heres my idea :wink:

How about pressing a key when a cheater is on your screen that freezes you and gives invunerability, takes a screenshot and sends it to the server admin. While frozen you must select the name of the claimed cheater from a serverlist. Only after which you have an option to unfreeze or warp away from the cheater to safety.

A notification is shown to the server that the person has pressed "report cheater" and the suspected cheater is exposed, All players then gets a votekick option to kick either...

a: the reported cheater. (others may have already seen/reported the same player)

b: the person placing the report. (in case of false cheat claim to avoid a legitimate kill)

c: kick no one. (inconclusive)

• 1 month later...

Not trying to piss you off here, but the better servers on mta have an anti-cheat system.

Altough i think the mta development team should bring out a framework that makes the development of anti-cheat systems much more easy.

Or even better, develop a full anti-cheat writting in lua (obviously) , that should solve a lot of problems.

• 2 weeks later...