[REL] Spliff Second By KWKSND

KWKSND

Spliff Second By KWKSND

Its been a while since i made a race map for Multi Theft Auto, so i figured i'd come show you all how its done again. :mrgreen:

I've had this idea for quite a while. (during the MTA-Race days)

Seeing as how the "Split Second" video game is out now and its almost what i wanted to make for MTA i decided to bring this idea to life.

(not to mention some of the MTA team wanted to see it done)

This is a race map where the racers trigger scripted events that happen just before or just after the front racers, creating all kinds of random mayhem, making for some very exciting racing.

Features:

32 -- spawns

42 -- checkpoints

16 -- nitro pickups

16 -- repair pickups

13 -- decorative vehicles

700 -- lines of code +/-

18 -- scripted events: -- jackknifed semi -- falling crate -- crashing planes -- planes taking off -- crashing heli -- overpass crash a -- overpass crash b -- onramp crash -- falling building -- freeway crash -- downtown crash -- emergency crash -- corner crash -- beach corner crash -- car crash -- shipwreck -- crash over bank -- plane crash finish -- and more !!

See the action here:

It has been updated since the video was made but its mostly the same. (removed a few checkpoints and changed style)

Download here:

http://kwksrv.game24hrs.com/KWKSNDsTSR.html :mrgreen:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=859

If you like it please be sure to vote it up.

Because of my connection i cant test this with many players at once so let me know if there is any problems and ill address it asap.

Enjoy :mrgreen: KWKSND

Edited by Guest

well i thought about making a custom map to do this, but then decided against it for a few reasons.

first i was a bit worried about this script creating some lag (i was right it does at times)

i wanted to keep the server as smooth running as possible, after all this is a race map.

second there was a good chance this concept may fail completly.

third this was more a test of concept than anything and knew it would take a good week to make as it was.

maybe next time

but feel free to make one too :mrgreen:

im hoping this spawns a new class of races that are based on some good scripted action

well some of the events dont reset, like the building falling, once its done its done.

vehicles crash events are retriggerable after 5 seconds, so even if you are in the back of the pack you still trigger events too

more players = more traffic and more vehicle pileups

its an a -> b race not a closed loop where you do laps, i figured it would get old faster if it was lap based.

It definitely needs more explosions - a lot of the time you almost miss what's happening, and explosions would help highlight that. I think the events need to affect the track more - I rarely saw an occasion when you couldn't have easily dodged the event.

It's a good start though!

i kindof wanted the front runners with the skill to get through and post decent times

but there is also another reason it may be worse on your machine than mine

i think velocity is related to pc speed or fps

so if you have a great machine compared to my old one the timing may be off for you i dont know

the major problem was the distance from the player where the event vehicles are able to have velocity if you are too far away the cars just get stuck

so at a players race speed and that draw distance you dont have much time before you pass the cars its the same with explosions and markers

i had no choice but to make those real close they are more to screw up the people behind you than anything knock second place off your ass

the only real solution is maybe change the spawn to a slower vehicle i first intended it to be infernus but it was way too fast

but yeah ive wanted to add some random exploding vehicles map some of my classic "barrels and trash bins" and a bit more random vehicles so keep an eye out for updates :mrgreen:

Edited by Guest
hi, i saw one bug. when you die on last checkpoint , and then you respawn you can't reach finish. just going trought checkpoint and nothing happens. maybe its only for me , or i'm stupid.

there seems to be a bug in the race resource

if you suicide

youll be able to finish the race

i know it sucks, you literaly gotta die twice for some odd reason

i informed ccw about this already tho and he did know about it.

so hopefully its fixed soon.

:wink:

just wanted to inform you all of a few things

the race mode checkpoint bug has been fixed by ccw

get latest resources pack here

http://code.google.com/p/mtasa-resources/downloads/list

and ive updated the Spliff Second race, all the scripted vehicles will now be colidable

http://kwksrv.game24hrs.com/KWKSNDsTSR.html :mrgreen:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=859

this should fix any ghost mode issues

let me know if there is a problem still, as i cant test this with players because my server is down atm :roll:

Edited by Guest