[REL] Player PM System (/pm)

Hey guys,

New to scripting, it's a small resource but it works(better than the other pm system released on the resources database.) and I just want suggestions/requests (or fixes/better ways if their is any for what I've done?) so, I, without further-ado, present to you:

Player PM

Which is available at: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=840

Edited by Guest

Aye, I'll look into that, was considering it but what annoys me is I find that sort of thing quite, err... 'intrusive' ... shall we say? (Especially when it locks all the controls so you can't do anything :/ )

I'll maybe make an entirely new edition of it with an actual GUI, I duno... :P

• 2 weeks later...

NEW VERSION RELEASED - 0.4

• The script is fully commented, allowing anybody new to LUA to read the comments and see how the script works.
    The script now works with both "/pm" and "/privmsg".
    The script now has an Anti-Spam system built in (UNTESTED - PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES) -- CONFIGURABLE AT THE TOP OF THE FILE PM.LUA IN THE CONFIG BLOCK.

Happy PMing! :D

Note: I decided against going for a gui based system for another release, I find PM GUI's quite intrusive, and in RP(G) servers and alike they can be heavily abused to prevent proper gameplay.

idea;

/pm and a gui appears with all names and if you click on 1 a chat appears, private afkours :wink:

Note: I decided against going for a gui based system for another release, I find PM GUI's quite intrusive, and in RP(G) servers and alike they can be heavily abused to prevent proper gameplay.

I say no more heh.

great.

can we send a pm with a known nickname or only id?

is there any nickname completion?

i don't agree with you about the GUI, it would be faster to have the list of players and click a name to send a message.

plus you can bind it to the Tab list of players on right click on a nickname it would send a PM.

great.

can we send a pm with a known nickname or only id?

is there any nickname completion?

-It currently only works with full nicknames, and doesn't work if theirs a space in the nickname as their is currently no nickname completion, I intend to implement that ASAP. (I'm new to scripting)

i don't agree with you about the GUI, it would be faster to have the list of players and click a name to send a message.

plus you can bind it to the Tab list of players on right click on a nickname it would send a PM.

-Well, I might look into a GUI but I don't think it'll benefit much, but it seems to be a popular request so I'll review my thoughts on it.

-Tab list isn't such a great idea IMO, what if somebody uses a custom scoreboard? It wouldn't be linked then.

Keep the suggestions coming though! :)