What about removing the MTA watermark in-game?

What about removing the MTA watermark in-game?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What about removing the MTA watermark in-game?

• Yes :)
    • No :(
    • I don't care :|

I mean the text at the bottom right corner, saying which version of MTA we are playing. It could be displayed only in the main menu, that's enough IMO ;) It is also annoying when we want to display something in this corner, the watermark is always on top.

I vote no. Why? Because:

- it's not that big a deal, honestly. It's just a little bit of text.

- what little advertisement value there is... there might not be too much, but MTA needs all the advertisement it can get.

If you mean, advertisement when showing MTA screenshots to other people, ok but then why not include this watermark on top of the screenshot? Otherwise I find really no point seeing this all the time, I know I'm playing MTA when I play it!

It was never really intended to be a permanent feature of MTA - it was added so we could tell which version we were running during beta testing.

That said, it does have some benefits as it identifies screenshots and videos as being from MTA.

I also vote no.

Because it makes sense if you got lost of what MTA SA version you have. :wink:

Like on my alternate HUD resource, look at it, I don't wanna block the MTA SA Version, and It just took a tiny space just for that. What's the big deal of removing / blocking that? It doesn't annoy me at all. :)

Prove about that:

2158.jpg

If you wanna show screenshots to people, but don't want them to see the MTA Watermark, just crop a little bit, easy as that.

Well, I made this topic only for one thing really. I have a info bar at the bottom of the screen and I want to display the last action executed, in the bottom right corner. It appear and then fade out slowly.

Only I can't because then it's unreadable as it mix with the watermark. My only solution is to move the text to the left, until it's not on the watermark anymore. I'm very perfectionist so for me, that's an annoying little problem.

e43e.png

Other than that, yes, I don't really care of it...

Up in the right corner is a suitable place for it as It's there were the heal/speed bar is by default!

Anyhow, my though is just let it be alone maybe it got feelings and want to be among people and not disguised >:( That bit of text have feelings as everything/everybody ells, shame on you...

• 4 years later...

If it is so truly liked... make it an option in MTA > settings. Your vote is clear, the people like it, yet just as clearly some have reasons to not want it there. so why not give those people great choices? This is what the options menu is for. Make 'Display Watermark' an option.

If it is so truly liked... make it an option in MTA > settings. Your vote is clear, the people like it, yet just as clearly some have reasons to not want it there. so why not give those people great choices? This is what the options menu is for. Make 'Display Watermark' an option.

5 year old bump... Nice.

• 1 month later...