[Solved]Where can I find the current network module?

DEFCON1

Question

Hi ;)

Story: I downloaded a fresh copy of the sourcecode, also downloaded the resources (r605) and the data installer (r1635). I compiled MTA, but now I need the network module. I've tried one from a previous version I had (r425) but no luck: "Network module not compatible!"

So where do I find the latest? There is no file there: http://code.google.com/p/mtasa-blue/dow ... =label:Net , and the only I can find is the r425.

Edited by Guest

16 answers to this question

djlobo, I compiled MTA and wanted to try the server and client freshly compiled, I'm not trying to join other servers than my local one.

Edit: No, still not working, eXo.. I tried the ones from latest unstable build: netc.dll is working so the client start, but the net.dll that is in the server folder, is not compatible... :(

Could be nice if the correct network module was available for download directly... ;)

Could be nice if the net module was available directly for download, without the need to install yet another MTA version... ;)

earlier it was in downloads section of googlecode, but now there is not last net module

Also you can download any nightly build, just open it by 7-Zip and get a list of packed files. Choose net modules and extract them to your `mta` and `server` folders

Well I have tried every of the builds available, including the newest mtasa-1.0.4-rc-1713-20100531.exe. No luck, in best case server start but client say not compatible, or vice versa, client work but not server. I tried to mix some so both client and server start, but then I can't see my see my server in the list and can't join it. My local copy of the sourcecode is up to date, and so is my custom build.

Can someone please upload both netc.dll and net.dll compatible with the current available sourcecode ?

Sorry for all those posts but my problem is still not solved.

I have tried to compile on my laptop, which unlike my main system, is 32bits (thinking my 64bits system may have been the problem...), and it's still not working so I think there is something wrong with the way those network modules are identified/considered as not compatible.

Actually the sourcecode is unusable, as we (well, maybe only me..?) can't run the custom build.

I would like you Talidan to try compiling the current sourcecode available by SVN and report if it works and if yes, which net modules you used.

I did that already, and just retried once again: only the client worked, server still show not compatible.. I'm gonna give up on this lol... I never had this problem before switching to SVN (when the client network module was named "net.dll" and not "netc.dll").

An unstable build should work.

It should, but it's not. After 3 days compiling and trying all possible options I can imagine, I'll give up and wait if its fixed in future versions.

Did these steps ~20 times with different compile options in 2 different linux systems:

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Bui ... _GNU_Linux

always same results: network module not compatible!

"This could mean that your MTA:SA install is incomplete or broken. Reinstall it."

Not getting anywhere no matter how many times I reinstall it. Tried every net.so from every version I could find, still no luck.

Window$ versions works just fine without problems, but Windows itself does not.

An unstable build should work.

It should, but it's not. After 3 days compiling and trying all possible options I can imagine, I'll give up and wait if its fixed in future versions.

Did these steps ~20 times with different compile options in 2 different linux systems:

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Bui ... _GNU_Linux

always same results: network module not compatible!

"This could mean that your MTA:SA install is incomplete or broken. Reinstall it."

Not getting anywhere no matter how many times I reinstall it. Tried every net.so from every version I could find, still no luck.

Window$ versions works just fine without problems, but Windows itself does not.

Does it say if there's a specific version netcode .dll available for your version? I haven't visited that part of the site in a long time, so I can't remember for sure, but I believe at one point it would say which one was correct.

...but Windows itself does not.

What's wrong with your Windows? ;)