custom map THE funnel by Benox

Faw[Ful]

Hey ! I say at some place in the forum about I am working on a custom map and its true, I finish the structure and Im ready to put boost in the map. Why the funnel ? Because you can see a crazy mega big if I can say a strange type of a funnel at the end of the map :) . Dont ask why the picture are special , I use enb serie (graphic mod). I made 3 road surface, its one of the reason why the .txd is big, a large road, a tunnel, two road in one and of course I forget this one, my mega funnel :D . look the pictures and post your comments, after I can take my decision to put it on the community.

89132153.png

93556263.png

38180675.png

57717138.png

13130348.png

60811320.png

82859188.png

81530657.png

88859417.png

53388698.png

58391533.png

19306888.png

:fadein:

• 5 weeks later...

i found out :\/

really nice work benox we need more custom modelers. i like the castle design on the sides of the track, i'd work on getting those texture sizes down for release, its a real deciding factor on whether servers want run the map.

Im a beginner on 3ds max and on kams script so this is my first custom map, I just use the transformation bend to bend my shapes.

Yea the texture size is a big problem and I cant solve it presently, because I d'ont make my own texture and I d'ont have photoshop.

When I try to resize the texture its become ugly and I d'ont like, but for me this map is for my lan server so the size isnt a big problem and I put music in it so the resource is very big, I will remove the music for the release. Presently I convert custom map from gta solo to MTA.

My next custom map I will build is called Xtreme tube so its a tube map xD:D

thanks all for your post.

Hey johnline, still water is finish or not :D ?

The sky and water color not in this map, but I will do it for my conversion to MTA of custom gta maps solo ( sakina final, akina winter mod, fantasy hill, speed island, turbolar... ), what do you mean with change other color, do you can change other color thing ? I know with the foggy weather + sky color you have a special ambiance color xD. I need more exclusive ( a lot of objects, original, loops , action, and shape like tracks in Track mania) DM maps , people d'ont share them (exept Hamp and tazbaby in what I found) so I will build them. With custom models of course :D

For the size go to see on the community

I just can change the texture size and quality but = ugly

Just a tip that might come in very handy.

You can add those objects as a seperate resource. Just create a new resouce/folder and name it "tunnelmodel" for example. That'll be the name for your resource. In this resource, you put the models, script and the meta.xml. BUT: you don't include a race map etcetera, and you change the type of the resource in meta.xml to "script", instead of "map". This is your 'models' resource. In the meta.xml of you map's resource, you put a line . This means that the resouce that you filled in must be started when this map starts.

Why should you do it this way? Well, you can use this resource over and over again, and the players will only have to download this stuff once. Secondly, you can use those models over and over again, even in the map editor. How? Just don't start the 'map editor' in the main menu, but run a local server, join it by quick connect, stop the running gamemode ("/stop race" for example for the race gamemode) and type "/start editor" to start the editor. Now, you just type "/start nameofyourmodelsresource", and you can just map objects that use your skin! This works a lot easier, in my opinion.

Just an example:

Meta.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16" ?>
<meta>
   <script src="replace_models.lua" type="client" />
   <info type="script" name="cityobs" author="Puma" />
   <file src="1.col" />
   <file src="2.col" />
   <file src="3.col" />
   <file src="3_2.col" />
   <file src="4.col" />
   <file src="5.col" />
   <file src="1.dff" />
   <file src="2.dff" />
   <file src="3.dff" />
   <file src="3_2.dff" />
   <file src="4.dff" />
   <file src="5.dff" />
   <file src="tex.txd" />
</meta>

replace_models.lua :

function replace ()

local o1 = 1830
local o2 = 1831
local o3 = 1832
local o3_2 = 1833
local o4 = 1834
local o5 = 1835
local txd = engineLoadTXD('tex.txd') 

if txd then

engineImportTXD(txd, o1)
local col1 = engineLoadCOL('1.col') 
engineReplaceCOL(col1, o1)
local dff1 = engineLoadDFF('1.dff', 0) 
engineReplaceModel(dff1, o1) 

engineImportTXD(txd, o2)
local col2 = engineLoadCOL('2.col') 
engineReplaceCOL(col2, o2)
local dff2 = engineLoadDFF('2.dff', 0) 
engineReplaceModel(dff2, o2) 

engineImportTXD(txd, o3)
local col3 = engineLoadCOL('3.col') 
engineReplaceCOL(col3, o3)
local dff3 = engineLoadDFF('3.dff', 0) 
engineReplaceModel(dff3, o3) 

engineImportTXD(txd, o3_2)
local col3_2 = engineLoadCOL('3_2.col') 
engineReplaceCOL(col3_2, o3_2)
local dff3_2 = engineLoadDFF('3_2.dff', 0) 
engineReplaceModel(dff3_2, o3_2) 

engineImportTXD(txd, o4)
local col4 = engineLoadCOL('4.col') 
engineReplaceCOL(col4, o4)
local dff4 = engineLoadDFF('4.dff', 0) 
engineReplaceModel(dff4, o4) 

engineImportTXD(txd, o5)
local col5 = engineLoadCOL('5.col') 
engineReplaceCOL(col5, o5)
local dff5 = engineLoadDFF('5.dff', 0) 
engineReplaceModel(dff5, o5) 

else 

replace()

end

end 
addEventHandler('onClientResourceStart', getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), replace )

Hope you get what I mean, if you got more questions just ask :)!

This look like what Johnline do for his maps, my map just have one kind of race so is just one custom map and one race, for this map I d'ont need this.

For the custom map resource I know how its work I build this map in the MTA map editor and not in 3ds max, work great.

Thanks Puma for the info. and I very like your kind of maps + script keep the good work Dude :D

Hey Johnline something is missing on the custom models, the reflective bumps of enb serie, I take a good look on the video where I can see the map still water and I see reflective bumps on the models, but just on this map, what did you do to your custom models to have that ? :D

I send you a PM !