LAN Game

Guest Asicks

Well where is the documentation on LAN games?? Can they be created?? Is there a way to dodge the "There is already a player with your IP in this server" message??

Well where is the documentation on LAN games?? Can they be created?? Is there a way to dodge the "There is already a player with your IP in this server" message??

The mod works fine on my LAN. Each computer on a LAN has their own ip, so I don't know where you are getting that error message.

I have my server setup with 2 nics. One for the internet (using a internet ip) so people can join from the outside, and one for the inside (using my 192.168.0.x scheme) so that my computers on my LAN can connect to it.

Do they all works with win98? I doubt it... I did try it... but got disconnecting within 5 mins.... then even i left the game on and walk aways... I recogise the MTACLIENT will perform illegal operation after a while.. The game is fine.. but just disconnect from the server.

Also our client can't see each other even the server said we all join together in same server. I recognised we joined into different timing... mine is afternoon... my friend is daytime.... :oops:

We did not change to WINXP becoz of the mouse problem in CS. So i think we have to wait for the FIX before we can have a go!!!!

Do they all works with win98? I doubt it... I did try it... but got disconnecting within 5 mins.... then even i left the game on and walk aways... I recogise the MTACLIENT will perform illegal operation after a while.. The game is fine.. but just disconnect from the server.

Also our client can't see each other even the server said we all join together in same server. I recognised we joined into different timing... mine is afternoon... my friend is daytime.... :oops:

We did not change to WINXP becoz of the mouse problem in CS. So i think we have to wait for the FIX before we can have a go!!!!

I don't run win98 se anymore, but for the longest time I did. I even dual booted between win98se and win2k. But when winxp came out...

Most definiately winxp is the way to go, nt kernal = fantastic, pnp=flawless compared to win2k. Less reboots to release memory back to the system by programs, winxp does this automatically.

I'm no cs expert, but i'm pretty sure there is a way to solve your problem, alot of gamers play cs, and there should already be a fix for your specific problem. Changing your system to winxp is very well worth it.

The mousefix has been found years ago.

Go to mouse properties > pointer options and uncheck enable mouse precision

After that, edit CS's shortcut and add -noforcemaccel and -noforcemparms

e.g.: D:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game cstrike -16bpp -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel