Proper way of asking questions (READ before asking for help)

50p

Many people here ask for help without giving us much details about their problem. So, we have to ask the author of the topic to give us some more details.

If you want us to help you and you don't explain what your problem is about, it doesn't help us to help you.

WRONG way of asking for help:

I have problem with my script :( it doesn't work.. help me!

What information does this sentence give to us? We know that script doesn't work but we don't know why and in what way it doesn't work. We'll never know that unless you give us some more information about your problem.

CORRECT way of asking for help:

I have problem with my script :( it doesn't work.. It doesn't start when I try to run it :( I don't know why... Here is my code:
-- some Lua code tagged with [code="lua"][/code]
 or [lua][/ lua] 

It helps us straight away. We know your script doesn't start when you try to run it and we have some of the code that we can tell you what you did wrong.

What information should my question contain?

- What is the reason you make new topic? Whether it's problem with your script or need help with something else.

- Explain what is wrong? Tell us what happens when you test your script and what is that you want it to do.

- Give us some of your code so that we can help you correct it.

- Tell us if you get any error or warning messages and what they are. We can determine what causes the script not to work quicker.

Screw, Nails and pipe ...

its alternative solution :P

Yes it must be theres info code & Note : dont post all your script if its your own (private) just the error area :P

>>>>>>

My Script Stolen i saw it in community :cry:

And here's another issue: if people don't post their entire script, they have to pick out the relevant parts. Often, people suck incredibly at doing just that, so we end up with something unhelpful.

• Like 1
Screw, Nails and pipe ...

its alternative solution :P

Yes it must be theres info code & Note : dont post all your script if its your own (private) just the error area :P

>>>>>>

My Script Stolen i saw it in community :cry:

And here's another issue: if people don't post their entire script, they have to pick out the relevant parts. Often, people suck incredibly at doing just that, so we end up with something unhelpful.

well if he send us the errors & warning & what appear in (/debugscript 3) i think its enough to know where is the error come from

• 3 months later...