MTA 0.5 (2010 BACK PLS) or MTA 0.6

Tireur

Question

Tireur said below,there are certainly some ppl who'll enjoy MTA:VC."Absence" of the ASE browser shouldn't be an obstacle for bringing teh good times back.The client works well,we're just in need of someone to take care about hosting(I could also host but I'll have to focus on rl things the following weeks)Let's show the MTA team that we still care of their good old "buggy" MTA:VC 0.5 ;D.

*So what you think ?

Hello everyone, I'm sure some of you might remember me.

One year ago, I used to have a server titled Free For All Deathmatch [x-serverz] for public use. I also ran scripts and enabled admin to selected accounts so certain, approved members of the community of 2009 could help out. I stopped hosting it because of a sudden lack of players.

If there is demand for a MTA VC 0.5 server, I can get one ASAP; I would love to play, but I can't host scripts and I can probably play like 1-2 hours a day. I'd need someone to oversee the server's operations and I'll lend him/her/them the details to control it. =P

I'd love to play again, and I wouldn't mind paying for a server if I can play MTA VC again. Let me know if you're interested by posting in this topic, and we'll discuss! =)

- Jordan B. / 75X

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on these boards in ages. I reinstalled gta-vc yesterday, for old times' sake and to check on mta. I used to be a huge fan and i've been around for quite a while (it's been 5 years since my last game of mta). It's kinda sad to see the good ol' mta:vc die out.

I've been looking for a server, but the only running one I've found is the one hosting a role-play, through game-monitor. Now, I don't have anything against RPG, but I want to frag someone every once in a while.

The server in this thread is down as well, so no hopes for that I guess?

what I'm saying is, I'd love to play a game of mta:vc again, if anyone is up for it (and I think plenty of people are up for it) maybe we should get a dedicated server running 24/7, sort of an "official revival-server" for the good old times? It won't be packed every moment, but it would be nice to have 5-10 people playing sometimes.

It's good to be back, in a way, but sad to see what's left of mta:vc 0.5

Greetings to all!

• Discord Moderators
maybe we should get a dedicated server running 24/7

--

• IP: 94.76.240.28 //// mtahostings.com
  • Port: 2003
  • Map: Vice City Deathmatch
  • Availability: 99,9%
  • Slots: 26
  • Version: 0.5

--

I myself would personally love to play MTA:VC again. I can get myself including another one to playing, but that's about it.

I've tried this before without luck.

Secondly, Deathmatch server's with 2 ~ 4 player's gets boring.. The 'Stunt' mode is sure epic fun with the nitrous mode at Pizza boys / taxi's etc...

Last time I played, I can be sure to say that 'sync bad!!!' is in the right place. We had terrible trouble with playing with each other. We we're only two who could successfully play around. Out of sudden other people just freeze and you cant do anything but reconnect to fix the desync. I don't know if this was a problem with slightly different GTA: VC versions or if it's always been like that.

maybe we should get a dedicated server running 24/7
Last time I played, I can be sure to say that 'sync bad!!!' is in the right place. We had terrible trouble with playing with each other. We we're only two who could successfully play around. Out of sudden other people just freeze and you cant do anything but reconnect to fix the desync. I don't know if this was a problem with slightly different GTA: VC versions or if it's always been like that.

90% of the desync in 0.5 can be solved by /kill'ing and respawning. :)

90% of the desync in 0.5 can be solved by /kill'ing and respawning. :)

All synced variables are reset and resynced from the server upon death (or ending spectator mode), so you're likely correct. But the list of memory addresses used in MTAClient probably isn't completely accurate which results in desync and crashes.

Could have been fun seeing the MTA team establishing a team with scripters-Designers etc etc just for MTA VC and MTA 3 :)

As of that the community here is great and actually big enough to hold a good number of people trough out every game (GTA 3, Vc & Sa) and most likely much bigger.

Well maybe someday we will see this happen