Custom Hud elements

DakiLLa

hello guys, i want to make my own hud elements and i started from health bar. Well, everything is going good but i have one problem. How do i make that red line will show my current health percentage? I know, it requires some math skills but i have no any ideas... Anybody can help me? Here is a little piece of code ofcourse.

addEventHandler( 'onClientRender', gRoot,
function()
local scX, scY = guiGetScreenSize();
local lineX = scX/1.1725;
local lineEndX = scX/1.053;
local lineY = scY/6.5;

dxDrawLine( lineX, lineY, lineEndX, lineY, tocolor( 0, 0, 0, 255 ), 17 );
dxDrawLine( lineX+5, lineY, lineEndX-5, lineY, tocolor( 150, 0, 0, 255 ), 9 );
dxDrawLine( lineX+5, lineY, lineEndX-5, lineY, tocolor( 255, 0, 0, 255 ), 9 );
end
);

So it looks like:

e1f212b8e23ct.jpg

Thx in advance :)

hello guys, i want to make my own hud elements and i started from health bar. Well, everything is going good but i have one problem. How do i make that red line will show my current health percentage? I know, it requires some math skills but i have no any ideas... Anybody can help me? Here is a little piece of code ofcourse.

addEventHandler( 'onClientRender', gRoot,  function()    local scX, scY = guiGetScreenSize();    local lineX = scX/1.1725;    local lineEndX = scX/1.053;    local lineY = scY/6.5;     dxDrawLine( lineX, lineY, lineEndX, lineY, tocolor( 0, 0, 0, 255 ), 17 );    dxDrawLine( lineX+5, lineY, lineEndX-5, lineY, tocolor( 150, 0, 0, 255 ), 9 );    dxDrawLine( lineX+5, lineY, lineEndX-5, lineY, tocolor( 255, 0, 0, 255 ), 9 );  end);

So it looks like:

e1f212b8e23ct.jpg

Thx in advance :)

First thing you need to know is Max length of the health bar (when health is full). Then, you need to calculate what percentage of health player currently have (getElementHealth divided by max health(eg.100)). Once you get the percentage, multiply that number by max health bar length and you will get the length of the health bar to show.

This is very simple math:

maxBarLength = 100;
maxHealth = 100;

local percentage = getElementHealth( player ) / maxHealth; -- between 0 and 1
local currentBarLength = percentage * maxHealth; -- length of the bar to display

First thing you need to know is Max length of the health bar (when health is full). Then, you need to calculate what percentage of health player currently have (getElementHealth divided by max health(eg.100)). Once you get the percentage, multiply that number by max health bar length and you will get the length of the health bar to show.

maxBarLength = 100;
maxHealth = 100;

local currentBarLength = percentage * maxHealth; -- length of the bar to display

maxBarLength = 100;
maxHealth = 100;

Have you just been busy with PHP maybe? :-P

Since you use the ";" tags at the end haha.

maxBarLength = 100;
maxHealth = 100;

maxBarLength = 100;
maxHealth = 100;

No, I've been busy with other programming languages (C#, ActionScript and MAXScript) and it's just fine to use semicolons in Lua, so I don't care :)

maxBarLength = 100;
maxHealth = 100;

No, I've been busy with other programming languages (C#, ActionScript and MAXScript) and it's just fine to use semicolons in Lua, so I don't care :)