MTA e-mail problem....

This is the 2nd time i've got one of these e-mails. I know its MTA related cause look at the TO address:

(everything inbetween the dotted lines is the e-mail)

--------------------------------------------------------------

To:

Subject: Your application to join Polaris

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:29:49 -0800

Attachments

Name Type Save View

Part 1.1 text/plain Save

Part 1.2 text/html Save

IRC Instructions for Polaris.doc application/msword Save View

Hello EVE Fan!

My name is Blaze and I am one of the two leading the interview team for the Polaris Program. My colleague is WishStone. Your application as a volunteer for EVE-Online has been received and approved! Congratulations! You can now join us for a first interview!

Please accept my apologies for not getting to you sooner, we did say that December would be the month we start the interviews. We have been kicking into high gear here and things here where a little chaotic.

Now, the next step for you is to join my staff and me on IRC to get an interview. After all, we want to get to know you when we'll be working together for the next few weeks or months! You'll find a step-to-step guide on how to join us in IRC attached as a .doc file to this e-mail.

You can find me on IRC in the channel #eve-interviews on Coldfront. Others of my team will also be in the channel to give you your interviews, but they have no set times. Just stop by and see if someone is around in any case. The channel is open.

Don't be too worried about the interview. We will be very relaxed about it so you can be, too. Bring some tea or coffee along to your computer and just be at ease. :]

I am looking forward to see you on IRC!

Till then,

-Blaze & WishStone

Polaris Recruiting Team Managers

--------------------------------------------------------------

Its kinda annoying getting someone elses e-mail. Who ever signed up for EVE-Online's Polaris program, you might wanna fix your e-mail. EVE online is kind of a good game though. :D

Sorry about posting this on the forums, I would face the person directly but as you see above it says "undisclosed" so I dont know who it was. I'm hoping who ever it is checks the forums.

I am a beta tester in eve, but not with this e-mail. I only give this e-mail out to a few spicifc places (MTA's forums happened to be one). The e-mail i have steup for eve online is what I call a "blank" e-mail. I send all the crap I dont trust to it (due to possable spammage, u know).

Also I never submitted an app to become a GM (or polaris as they say).

Now, the next step for you is to join my staff and me on IRC to get an interview. After all, we want to get to know you when we'll be working together for the next few weeks or months! You'll find a step-to-step guide on how to join us in IRC attached as a .doc file to this e-mail.

I wonder what they ask in the intherview... they say you have to be over 18 or something.

Its kinda annoying getting someone elses e-mail. Who ever signed up for EVE-Online's Polaris program, you might wanna fix your e-mail. EVE online is kind of a good game though. :D

Hehe. so you knew EVE by accidentally recieving that email? I say you're lucky.

Hehe. so you knew EVE by accidentally recieving that email? I say you're lucky.

heh, actually no. i'm not into EVE. Its too slow paced for me. Planetside is better (which i'm also in the beta for). Planetside r0x.

also, I mentioned in the first post this wasn't the first time, I thought i should bring up the first time it had nothing to do with EVE online. It was some other random e-mail. I dismissed it as spam and deleated it. I didn't know I was gonna get more...