More 0.3

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing will kick butt, one problem with me though...

I HAVE A ROUTER!

which means i can't play unless i know the ports it uses :cry:

can i get the ports i need to open somewhere?

Having a router just means that you can't host, but you can still join a game. With GGm it is the same way even with the dedicated server. I have a router, so I know what I'm talking about.

You can host a game if you have a router all you have to do is forward the ports, and i don't think that the team will keep that secret; people need to know to configure there firewalls.

I have a router and i host a webserver, ftp and some times a Half Life server. Port forwarding is pretty easy, ive got a nice web interface for mine.

but my dad doesn't liking me doing so(in fact won't let me), because that means that we are leaving our p.c open to any hackers, and my p.c is prone to getting them.

and yes spell it payne, i find it offencive as my last name is payne :P, sept my first name is michael-james.. :lol:

There are ways cause someone got into mine and got my AOL passwords.

They went on a chat room and LinkSpammed. (means they went on and put a website on there many times) AOL shut down my account for a day. Then told me to call a number. Thats when I got Nortons anti virus and internet protection. Every once in a while it alerts me that someone has tried to slip into my computer. Freaky huh??

a harmless lesson of hacking my friends

to start the hacker would need the victims I.P and a open port, this is to identify the victim and get a direct access to him.

if they are using P2P software at this time, this only becomes easier for the hacker, for he can then descuise(sp??) his trojan as if it is coming from the P2P software(when it isn't just it makes sence to the p.c, so it's logical to make the p.c believe you)

then once you have a trojan, they have a direct link to your p.c with your consent, the trojan server instantly sends a reply to the connecter(hacker) that he is allowed in, because thats what trojans do :P

then he can do what the hell he likes

and if a backdoor trojan, just hope you catch it while in use, then it can't hide

completely brief, not entirely accurate, it was just a idea off the top of my head but non the less true, there are many ways.

i am also 14...

Hi im 15 there is a problem fellow, the hacker NEED to plant the trojan on your computer so if you goth windows NT/2000/XP be shur you got admin password or the hacker can easily hack your computer just by knowing your ip adress so IF your computer are open for hacker close it by having a password like ex: "1x1xff1ttth6678" and it whil take along time to crack it 8) , pluss be shure that you got a stabel firewall! usualy the hacker gets your ip from ICQ or Kazaa :shock: .

Keep up the good work MTA team!!! 0.3 is "looks like" going to rock!!!

hope i play GTA3 MP whit you guies werry SOOOOOON!!!!

ps. sorry 4 my bad english!!!!!

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

• 3 weeks later...