More 0.3

all opinions accepted, rejected, scrutinised and welcome =)

Id say a smart person would only use mta as a guide, as copying would be easy to find out.

But either way, the mod is progressing fine as it is, if the team need help, they know where to look.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MTA Team
hmmm... smells fishy... why should MTA give out the source code when they're progressing quite well and they the ones who actually made it work...

it looks to me that those who are asking to release the code are planning to make their own Multiplayer mod for GTA3 but don't want the hassle of starting from scratch and releasing it as " The ultimate GTA3 multiplayer mod" but when you look at the source code itz pure MTA3...

this is just my humble opinion...

copycats are the main reason why we keep the code for ourselfs. But i think there will be a day when we release the code, just not in the near future

nah dont release it guys..keep it to yourselves and dont let people rip you off..you guys did a great job all by yourselves, dont let someone else take the glory of your work..

good on ya guys! :D

Yeah! You're making a great work, and beta 0.3 will ROCK. So I think you shouldn't release the code now, only when you think you should :wink:

BTW, this is my first post in this forum, and wish to say to all the MTA team that they're making a great job, something that I thought it was impossible :D

Sorry if I make some mistakes :P

Do not release the source code. It'll only get ripped up and rereleased by others.

Which is exactly the point of open source. If the code gets changed, improved and re-released, it only helps the common goal.

great moivie you can make more movies and show them for download.And why is the columbian running in circles? oke but it looks great and i will say you are making great work rockstar cant make this so good i think

javascript:emoticon(':P')

RazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazz

wow quite a big jump all of a sudden! :) seems like you are almost there! I can't wait, I'll finally have a reason to play GTA3 again!

En veel dank voor al het werk!! ;)

Us Dutch are all over the web lol..

lol i notice you dutch ppl all ovet the web.

OMG I LOVE MTA!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Do not release the source code. It'll only get ripped up and rereleased by others.

Which is exactly the point of open source. If the code gets changed, improved and re-released, it only helps the common goal.

i completely agree - this is the true purpose of open source - why stop others from making improvements?

the only issue i have with source code for games being released is people altering minor points to produce cheats, but still play with the same protocols as everyone else.

this to xerox ummm i have a question can you tel me wat time is in newzeland because i live in Puerto Rico and i dont think youl relese 0.3 in my 24 hours of Puerto Rico the curen time in PR is 8:28 AM so i you can tell me wats the hour ther i can courdinate my time with your to se in wat hour of PR youl relese 0.3 k thanks and keep the good work mta team

i completely agree - this is the true purpose of open source - why stop others from making improvements?

the only issue i have with source code for games being released is people altering minor points to produce cheats, but still play with the same protocols as everyone else.

i also agree