Object - Camera

Matimor

I more like thought he meant that the camera passes through custom-made objects. As if clipping is disabled. I typed this post anyway so I'll just post it up for the heck of it.

I think you've placed your map outside of the -3000,-3000 / 3000,3000 border. Beyond this, the camera won't clip to objects in it's way, simply because San Andreas was never intended to have those objects there in the first place and Rockstar apparently thought it would be good for performance or something.

To "solve" this, move your map INSIDE -3000,-3000 and 3000,3000. You might only still be able to look through it if either camera clipping is disabled by script or driving in a fast vehicle, though.

And Matimor, be a bit more clear what you're talking about next time... Preferably not using something like Google Translator. (translators are relatively good for looking up individual words, but translating sentences ****s them up)

I still do not know how to block the camera :/ Sorry for the google translator but I do not know better :D

I know something better then google translator! That is school where you can learn English.

If you're going to pick on someone's English, you should at least be fairly good at it yourself... and sorry to say this, but you really aren't.

As for the problem here, Matimor, you might be able to check whether or not there's a building at a given point if you use IsLineOfSightClear?

Camera clipping doesn't work on CObjects (which MTA uses for all custom objects), wherever they're placed, I believe. Writing your own manual camera clipping isn't too hard, and raycasting - processLineOfSight or isLineOfSightClear is the way to do it. The principle would be to cast a line (or four lines, one from each corner of the camera) to the player (or whatever the focal point of the camera is). If the rays hits something en route, move the camera a bit in front of that point it hit. Combine that with some smoothing so the camera doesn't jolt around too much and you've got a reasonable first start. In practice it's a bit harder than that as there's some odd edge cases to catch.

A better solution would be for MTA to hack GTA to support objects properly, which I'd guess would be quite easy.

I still do not know how to block the camera :/ Sorry for the google translator but I do not know better :D

I know something better then google translator! That is school where you can learn English.

you're a tosser :)

And I should note that spamming rays is (if it's similiar if not identical to traceline) resource intensive so you shouldn't do it in large quantities constantly.

Objects are in the city, and do not forget that I'm using SA-MP does not LUA;)

You should at least test MTA while you're here abusing our map editor, then. :)

Other than that suggestion (which is more useful than you might think) there really is nothing we can do to help you here.

The forum sa-mp, redirect me to you :) Do something to help in this language LUA? I'm using the current plugin, which allows the use of LUA scripts in SA-MP.

They can't send you here simply because the plugin doesn't support MTA functions. You better start using MTA and learn Lua from our wiki. You will make scripts that are not possible in SA-MP.

BTW, what does SA-MP camera bug has to do to MTA? It's just wrong.

The forum sa-mp, redirect me to you :) Do something to help in this language LUA? I'm using the current plugin, which allows the use of LUA scripts in SA-MP.

The sa-mp lua plugin is a wrapper, or um, in google translator friendly terms. It uses lua but for sa-mp functions only.

LUA is just a language, the functions that MTA provide is only for the MTA library or program. Keep in mind that the MTA function list is different from sa-mp. Lua is just a programming language.

:/ What are we doing wrong that everyone keeps sticking to sa-mp? I blame the interface.