Modified Vehicle Handling using MTA-functions

Dark Dragon

Excellent work, I love it! :D

I'm really glad to see this coming to fruition, and you guys deserve extra congratulations for the effort involved in figuring this one out!

Do you have any details on syntax so us impatient fellows can get to work on scripting some handing framework functions prematurely? :P

I see:

--clientside
bool setVehicleHandlingData(element vehicle, string handling, int/float value)

Are the handling strings the same as in the handling.cfg file, and are there any other functions?

Thanks for the info! (not worth another post in my opinion :D )

Edited by Guest

I have made a list from the source code of Hankey's a short time ago. Here is the list:

mass

turnMass

dragCoeff

centerOfMass

percentSubmerged

tractionMultiplier

driveType

engineType

numberOfGears

engineAcceleration

engineIntertia

maxVelocity

brakeDeceleration

brakeBias

ABS

steeringLock

tractionLoss

tractionBias

suspensionForceLevel

suspensionDamping

suspensionHighSpeedDamping

suspensionUpperLimit

suspensionLowerLimit

suspensionFrontRearBias

suspensionAntidiveMultiplier

collisionDamageMultiplier

seatOffsetDistance

monetary

headLight

tailLight

animGroup

I'll document these in the wiki sometime soon. Dunno exactly when.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice function, I think it's gonna create a bunch of nice opportunities, like a new possibility for tuning garages: being able to buy kits to improve your cars speed (engine kit etc)... and it's gonna be possible with that function, that's awesome really.

Very nice function, I think it's gonna create a bunch of nice opportunities, like a new possibility for tuning garages: being able to buy kits to improve your cars speed (engine kit etc)... and it's gonna be possible with that function, that's awesome really.

i really like this idea, keep on that one and i assure you people will like it if done properly

It would be a little bit like in a Need For Speed game, being able to set drift tires etc...

Just a question though, does it change the handling of one car or just all the cars (like if you change the handling of a turismo car does it change the handling of every turismo in the game)?

--clientside
bool setVehicleHandlingData(element vehicle, string handling, int/float value)

This explains that question. Using a vehicle element implies it only affects one vehicle, not every vehicle of a particular model ID.

Yeah sorry I didn't look at the function properly.

• 7 months later...

One thing that's not part of the handling, but would be cool to change, is a vehicle's wheel size. This can be altered 'single-player-wise' in the next- and second-to-last digits of a vehicle's line in "vehicles.ide" found in the data folder. Also, changing weapon's specifications would be cool (weapon.dat), such as the range, strength etc. Wait, maybe I've gone too far now xD

• 3 weeks later...