race_voicepack help

alwSmokE

Question

We have edited this resource to include new sounds and a random selection thing for the events. It works great. Except on my primary computer. The sounds cut off too soon on my end. It works for others and my 2nd computer plays them fine. The only thing I can think of is my main pc is using vista and it runs at 60 fps. My 2nd pc is on xp and doesn't quite hit full fps. Does anyone know anything about this? Some of the sounds are a little longer than the original files.

10 answers to this question

I also get this, and I'm also using Vista.

Happens with any sufficiently long audio file that is not set to loop.

However, when it cuts off is seemingly random, sometimes it actually manages to play the whole sound.

Friends of mine that run XP only get the sound to cut off if they change the "MTA Volume" setting while a custom sound is playing.

Loop, means Repeat, im sure you dont want your sounds on a constant repeat.

Either way, The problem dos not occour on XP, only Vista and 7.

i myself would blame Microsoft.

You always blame people Mr. Daniel Fitzgerald.

When do you stop??

Nah, i dont know how to code in C++

Sebas does, thats why i suggested that he put his time to better use than looking to start arguments.

Either way, lets get back on topic.

The facts:

MTA custom sounds work fine on XP.

they dont however on Vista and 7, (Possibly due to the Crappy software emulated sound system in vista and 7)

I have not bothered reporting the bug cause as far as im concerned its a Windows issue, not an MTA issue.

But if Talidan or somone thinks it can be fixed on the MTA client side for vista and 7 users, then it should be looked in to.