Internet Explorer

Use a proper browser that doesn't piss on standards and act as a door mat for assorted malware?

http://opera.com

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Dude, don't be a ****ing IE flamer. It's called universal compatibility for a reason.

IE is shit, sorry. It really is. Whatever you mean with "universal compatibility" is beyond me, seeing as IE/M$ has a history of inventing their own standards as opposed to working with existing ones.

Well, in case you people hadn't noticed, you are using their Operating System, and that's by choice. If you don't like it, destroy your C:\* root and download a free version of Linux. Otherwise, get over it. Yes, they may be imposing, but it is THEIR OS you are using. They don't force Linux users to use their OS...

Besides the point, don't flame it. That is absolutely retarded. Yes, it may even be true, but keep in mind IE is the reason why Opera, FF, and the other's exist. Without IE, they would've had no reason to be invented. Regardless of your opinions on it, your opinion isn't the only one that matters. Consider the fact that maybe other users like using just IE. And yes, it's called ****ing universal compatibility, not "since my opinion is that IE sucks, everyone else shouldn't use it" compatibility.'

Please note, this is not meant as a flame or an attack on anyone. This is meant to promote open-mindedness so other users stand a chance...

THis is not an OS debate. I use Windows by choice, because that's where you have a vast majority of apps, games and users. I've given several unix/linux distroes a try, and I'd really rather keep using Windows - however, IE does suck, and there are several very good alternatives.

I appreciate THAT response to the topic. That was well thought out, and perfectly written. The only thing you need to change in it is the part that says "...IE does suck, ...". It needs to be changed to "...in my opinion, IE does suck, ...". Other than that, I applaude you. Now I will admit IE isn't the best in the world, but it does have a large share of the market, and there are some users that do prefer it, hence why I still say universal compatibility is something that needs to be taken into consideration here.

I appreciate THAT response to the topic. That was well thought out, and perfectly written. The only thing you need to change in it is the part that says "...IE does suck, ...". It needs to be changed to "...in my opinion, IE does suck, ...". Other than that, I applaude you. Now I will admit IE isn't the best in the world, but it does have a large share of the market, and there are some users that do prefer it, hence why I still say universal compatibility is something that needs to be taken into consideration here.

- IE is unsafe compared to all other major browsers. Both FF and especially Opera own IE, security-wise.

- IE is incapable of displaying CSS properly, unless it's in compatibility mode or whatever. This raises the need for webdesigners to create ugly hacks and alternative stylesheets.

- IE is slooooooooooow compared to Opera and FF.

- IE is insinuated into a lot of M$' products. For example (let's overlook, for the moment, the simple fact that it's bundled with Windows,) every time you check your mail in, for example, Windows Live Messenger, the window opens in IE, not your default browser.

- Security. Again. IE supports ActiveX which is a veritable open door to anyone who wants to do nasty things to your system.

These are a few reasons why I think IE sucks.

- IE is insinuated into a lot of M$' products. For example (let's overlook, for the moment, the simple fact that it's bundled with Windows,) every time you check your mail in, for example, Windows Live Messenger, the window opens in IE, not your default browser.

That's not true anymore in WLM 14.0.x.x...

the only real issue with IE is that it's not compatible with the "universally compatible" standards. I can expect FF and Opera and Chrome to show exactly what I've written in code, w3 compatible, but somehow IE needs a special css hack for that. (well I haven't touched web coding for a long time, but from what I've heard, the situation hasn't changed much). And this is not flaming IE, it's just what I think.

did anyone actually notice that Z0mbzech thanked for an answer to a question MOH asked? --> account management fail

I was already wondering why he wanted to log out, yeah logging out is required in order to log in with your second account... now ban those copies of him PLEASE this is just more than a proof, together with brophy noting all those accounts having the same ip

did anyone actually notice that Z0mbzech thanked for an answer to a question MOH asked? --> account management fail

I was already wondering why he wanted to log out, yeah logging out is required in order to log in with your second account... now ban those copies of him PLEASE this is just more than a proof, together with brophy noting all those accounts having the same ip

They're brothers in arms! They're sharing the same comp.. same house... same bed.... :fadein:

They're brothers in arms! They're sharing the same comp.. same house... same bed.... :fadein:

... same norby89....

*runs*