[REL] dxscoreboard - A DirectX scoreboard resource

Awwu

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but is this completely compatible with the existing scoreboard? IE; if I rename the default scoreboard and put this one in its place with the same name, will it work?

Yes. It should work. It's actually what most people using this resource do. Just go to any of the race servers and you'll see.

What's wrong with something like this?

dxscoreboard2.png

It's much much better to avoid help files if you can. If you need to read a help file to use your user-interface, you've failed!

There's nothing wrong about it. I just always thought that adding a too big button would make it look ugly. Now that I've realized that it would be better that way for the users, I added it the way you suggested. It actually looks cool enough now.

dxscoreboard.png

New version downloadable at the community.

useless1: You'd need to either the addScoreboardColumn functions from the race resource or remove them manually with the removeScoreboardColumn/scoreboardRemoveColumn functions. Race will propably re-add the columns at certain intervals so I suggest to just remove the adding from the race. If you're not using the race resource, those columns are not even added so it shouldn't be a problem.

Ok, it's there now.

colorselector.png

I also added a couple of more features to make the update worth it.

- Added event onClientPlayerScoreboardClick to recognize the clicks

- Added ability to highlight/select rows

- Added highlight color option to settings

- Added scoreboardGetSelectedRows to get selected rows

useless1: You'd need to either the addScoreboardColumn functions from the race resource or remove them manually with the removeScoreboardColumn/scoreboardRemoveColumn functions. Race will propably re-add the columns at certain intervals so I suggest to just remove the adding from the race. If you're not using the race resource, those columns are not even added so it shouldn't be a problem.

i dont know to what/where i need to edit, to find that. possibly point me in the right direction?

• 2 weeks later...

A little update is here again.

Changelog is here:

- Added option to make the scoreboard be toggleable instead of holding the button

- Fixed a bug where gamemode/server info display could fail if mapmanager wasn't running

- Added content color option to settings

- Made the text shadows alpha adjust along the colors

- Made the click event cancelable

Download at the [community page].

• 3 weeks later...
How to integrate race mode with dxscoreboard?

As Dragon already stated, the easiest way would be to just replace the old scoreboard with this one, renamed to scoreboard. It's backwards compatible so you shouldn't need to change anything in the race gamemode itself.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...