Problem with connecting to servers

NeO_Obsidian

Question

I wasn't sure if this was the right section, but I installed MTA:SA today with no problem, but when I try to "Browse Servers", it tries to connect to the Master Server List for a short time, then gives "Master Server List could not be retrieved", at the little bar on the bottom of the server window/box. I had this problem with all of the nightly builds too.

Using Quick Connect simply shows "Connection Timed Out" every time.

I don't have any firewalls active as far as I am aware.

I'm on a desktop pc and connect wireless-ly to a NETGEAR ADSL2+ Modem Router DG834G

I have a similar problem, but not quite exactly the same.

I can see the master server list, but the connection times out when I try to connect to any of them. It only started doing this last night. I was playing MTA fine for a couple of days before it started doing this. Everything else online works fine, I tried resetting the router but it didn't help. :?

I've never tried that before, but I just tried now, and nothing seems to happen when I try... Lol :?

Also, when I try to host my own game, it gives an error, and this is shown in the Console:

===========================================================

[09:31:18] File 'settings.xml' not present, creating new node.

[09:31:33] Resources: 179 loaded, 1 failed

[09:31:33] ERROR: Error parsing banlist

[09:31:34] Starting resources...

[09:31:34] Server started and is ready to accept connections!

I've never tried that before, but I just tried now, and nothing seems to happen when I try... Lol :?

Also, when I try to host my own game, it gives an error, and this is shown in the Console:

It's ctf-hydrastrike, either delete it if you don't need it or change this line in the meta.xml:

to:

It's ctf-hydrastrike, either delete it if you don't need it or change this line in the meta.xml:

to:

I don't appear to have that file anywhere.... This is seriously messed up...

I don't appear to have that file anywhere.... This is seriously messed up...

Have you changed any resources, added new ones?

You can find out which one failed by typing 'list' in the command window, then checking the server logs and looking for 'FAILED'.

Have you changed any resources, added new ones?

You can find out which one failed by typing 'list' in the command window, then checking the server logs and looking for 'FAILED'.

I haven't, no, because I'm not quite that advanced yet lol :P.

Would this resource thing be the reason for not connecting to other servers as well?

This 'list' thing yields nothing either.... :/.

The problem LOOKS like some sort of firewall is blocking it, but I don't have any on....

I've always had bad experiences with wireless and have heard plenty with the same. Can you just see if connecting directly with a wire to your router (if possible) does you any good?

I was going to try that, but the router is upstairs and there's no Phone Jack in the wall down here for it to connect to.... And I don't have a mega-mega big Ethernet cable... Lol.

Alright scarface, try this for size. :P

It's showing the master server list, then timing out when I try to connect to any of them. I'm also hard-wired to my router. It only started doing this on Tuesday night, before that I was playing MTA fine. I haven't done anything new to my router or MTA itself, and every other game I have still works fine online. Windows doesn't seem to be blocking MTA either.

Apologies for the double post, but the situation seems to have gotten even stranger.

MTA is still timing out when I try to connect to any server. If I then refresh the server list, it says it's scanned all the servers but found none, then after I quit MTA and open up firefox, every single web page I try to view times out. I can just log into the router from firefox and restart it then it will load web pages again. Very odd. :tard:

The router I'm using is a Belkin Wireless G Modem Router, and I'm hard-wired to it with an ethernet cable. Got the box for the router here and can't find any model name apart from Wireless G Modem Router...

Im sick of this. After waiting close ( or more) than 2 years MTA 1.0, now i cant connect to any server.

Sometimes the Master Server scan all servers, but when i try to connect to them "connection timed out" or "mta verification failed" appears.

Sometimes the Master Server scan only 4 servers and they are always the same: "ankerboard's server, SAES, and others 2 i dont remember now...". Of course i cant connect to them.

Sometimes it doesnt scan anything.

And Sometimes i can play normally, with luck.

If i dont find any fix quick i i definitely going to stop to play this damm game...

Im sick of this. After waiting close ( or more) than 2 years MTA 1.0, now i cant connect to any server.

Sometimes the Master Server scan all servers, but when i try to connect to them "connection timed out" or "mta verification failed" appears.

Sometimes the Master Server scan only 4 servers and they are always the same: "ankerboard's server, SAES, and others 2 i dont remember now...". Of course i cant connect to them.

Sometimes it doesnt scan anything.

And Sometimes i can play normally, with luck.

If i dont find any fix quick i i definitely going to stop to play this damm game...

I wish people would stop this "I'm-gonna-stop-playing" whining. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I doubt very many people will shed a tear about it.

Have you tried basic stuff like checking your connection, firewalls and equipment? Tried reinstalling?

All of you need to try with a direct cable connection to your modem and all firewalls turned off before you start saying there's a problem with MTA. Hundreds of people (at least) have no issue connecting whatsoever so I'd put money on a firewall/router/port forwarding/spyware issue.

my computer is connected straight to my router and I have turned all my firewalls off and tried it and the result is the same.