[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

1. It was meant to be a script editor at first, so I only added support for .lua files but then I added support for .xml-based files (.map and .conf files) too. I might give the user an option to create any file extension files.

2. I want users to have MTA installed so that they can start client/server from within the editor itself (there is a new Test Resource button which will send request to the server to start/restart the currently opened resource, the server must be running)

3. I have to remake the server configuration window because there are more and more setting coming from time to time, so I also need to think of a way to dynamically add support for the new settings instead of adding them manually and releasing an update just for the new server settings. This is the reason why I disabled that option for now

4. I don't know what you mean by "our own functions". Do you mind explaining a little better?

5. (skipped)

6. Not currently. I don't want users to have a functions fetcher/updater because that requires 100s connections at a time to fetch all the functions from wiki. I have my own app which allows me to fetch all the functions from wiki. This way I can update the functions list file (MTAFuncs.db) and upload it so others can download it manually. If you want, you can update the file yourself. It's a simple SQLite 3 file so SQLite Database Browser can open this file.

e1. I noticed that and I'll be trying to find a proper RegularExpression that will color the table/methods correctly

e2. Open the options window (Tools->Options) and there you will have an "Integration with server" box that requires admin's username as well as password. You can create a fictional account on your server just for use by MTA:SE, and use that account to integrate MTA:SE with the MTA server.

e3. I can't create folders in the resource explorer because they are not present in meta.xml. It's not a simple task to make user-friendly as well as program, because I don't want to display empty folders in the resource explorer as well as folders which are not even part of file's name in meta.xml (eg. )

e4. I wanted to add the events snippets to the auto-complete box but first I needed to add the more important thing (functions list)

I hope it answers all of your questions and thanks for giving it a try.

NOTE: Just to let everyone know who may be concerned about installer problem that Dealman had, the problem has been solved. His registry was a little messy and didn't let him install MTA:SE, I've also modified the installer so that even when another user has the similar problem, they will still be able to install it.

thanks for replying even the dumb questions, you are awesome

:wav:

ps edit: I'm still sad about not being able to use scripts from my dropbox folder :(

edit2: I forgot to answer the question, but now it's in the "nevermind" folder, anyway: (How) can we add our own definitions?

but you already answered so don't bother answering again (you said we can use SQLite whatnot so I'll use that)

thanks for replying even the dumb questions, you are awesome

:wav:

ps edit: I'm still sad about not being able to use scripts from my dropbox folder :(

edit2: I forgot to answer the question, but now it's in the "nevermind" folder, anyway: (How) can we add our own definitions?

but you already answered so don't bother answering again (you said we can use SQLite whatnot so I'll use that)

I'm actually thinking of loading resources manually. So, you can have a main directory of resources and then load resources from different folders/zips. User would pick a meta.xml or a zip file (zipped resource) and that would load the resource to resource explorer. That's just what I'm thinking.

I still wonder why it's not official :D

Because MTA:SE is not open source. Once I decide to go open source it will be official but until then I'm the only programmer.

Because MTA:SE is not open source. Once I decide to go open source it will be official but until then I'm the only programmer.

And don't you want to make it open source?

I will but just not sure when.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like working with SciTE, NPP and MTA:SE simultaniously, so sometimes I have a folder with .lua scripts but without a meta.xml and the server and MTA:SE are already running. Now, in this scenario, I do not have my scripts as a resource, so I quickly add a meta to test something in MTA, but I forget the parameters of some function, so I want to fix it in this topics editor, but I haven't got any feature to load it.

so the functions I would suggest are: (some unrealted, some might already be there, but it's late and I'm too tired to check)

refresh, just like the server command with the same name

add file to meta

auto meta (some string would determine the side, eg.: s_name.lua, c_name.lua, or user-defined wildcard patterns)

and what's up with the meta editor?

open resource: not a running one, but any other

--i know you said that this editor is intended to be used alongside MTA, but frankly, I don't see why this shouldn't be implemented

oh, one more thing: the fields below the function list and the resource browser are not doing anything. is it a bug or a missing feature?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have stopped developing the project but I started a new one. This time I moved to Sublime Text 3. It's simple but powerful text editor. It already has Lua support but I've added MTA functions to auto-complete as well as highlighted them (client-side are red, server-side orange and shared are blue). It has parameters included so that when you auto-complete a function name it will also fill the parameter names as well.

getEle -- will show auto-complete list and when you hit TAB on a function (eg. getElementHealth) it will auto-complete: 

getElementHealth( element theElement ) -- "element theElement" will be selected so you can change it to your element 

Here is a screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/437 ... Editor.png

What I'm planning to add in the future:

• 1. "Build system" that will compile the current resource
  • 2. Start MTA Server (if it's not running), ask the server to start current resource and join the server (with mtasa:// protocol)
  • 3. When new file is created in a resource folder (inside of Sublime Text 3) then add it to meta.xml automatically

But first I will have to learn Python before I can add these features.