[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

I've been trying to reproduce what causes the glitch inability-to-save glitch.

So far; I've noticed:

• Saving does not work if the file isn't part of a resource. Nor does it show in the SW info bar.
  • It occured after trying to change my profile settings.
  • A reinstall does not fix it. Nor could I find anything in Applications Data. Registry perhaps (though I searched for MTASE in regedit and got nothing)?
  • If saving doesn't work; neither does right-clicking or IntelliSense.

- Oh, I know it doesn't save files that weren't added to any resource that's because of the way I open files.

- What did you mean by "after trying to change my profile settings"? Your PC profile? And what settings?

- MTASE is not stored in registry yet.

A suggestion/feature request: allow opening other file formats (defaultly interpreting it as Lua).

MTASE supports XML files as well. That was mainly to let users change their map files manually.

The MTA SE customize/option dropdown. And rather, I mean being able to select and interpret any file extension as Lua or XML (where, in cases like npcai, the files' extensions aren't strictly ".lua")

I will probably let users to add their own extensions in the future but for now I'll stay with .lua and .xml.

I made the "profiles" feature so that user can change colours to his liking not for other extensions. It doesn't work yet as many other options in options window.

• 1 month later...
Can you help me? Highlighter editor is not working for me. When I'm setting editor highlighter changes and closing the options window, everything cames back to a normal highlighter colours.

The colour changes hasn't been implemented yet. Most of the options are not fully implemented. The options windows is there but I didn't want to make it very basic and use 1 setting for colours. I wanted to let users have "profiles" so they can share them here or swap between them when they work.

I was hoping to fix a few bugs recently because I had some spare time on my hands but I worked on improving my 3D skills instead. I'll try to work on it once I get more time again.

• 3 weeks later...
50p this script editor is cool, but one thing is annoying me. I can't write "callServerFunction" or "callClientFunction" function because the editor sets "F" letter to "f" :(

Sorry for bad english.

I know that it annoys me too but as I've said that already, I'm using 3rd party highlighter library which has some annoying bugs. The author of this library has been inactive for ages and I'm not going to fix it any time soon. I want to get rid of all the bugs not related to syntax highlighter first and then, maybe, I'll try to use different library which someone suggested in this topic.

I'd suggest not to use "function" word in function name. Use "Func" instead, like "callClientFunc", that's what I do. I'm not sure maybe I made a mistake in lua.syn file which messes up. If I did messed up and someone found a fix for this then please post lua.syn file here so others can use it too. Thanks.

BTW, I must admit, MTA:SE seems to be so much stable now than it used to be. I don't receive bug reports (crash reports) very often, in fact I haven't received any for 3 days now (I used to get 3-4 a day!).

I really want to get this tool "bug free" but college takes most of my spare time.

50p this script editor is cool, but one thing is annoying me. I can't write "callServerFunction" or "callClientFunction" function because the editor sets "F" letter to "f" :(

Sorry for bad english.

I know that it annoys me too but as I've said that already, I'm using 3rd party highlighter library which has some annoying bugs. The author of this library has been inactive for ages and I'm not going to fix it any time soon. I want to get rid of all the bugs not related to syntax highlighter first and then, maybe, I'll try to use different library which someone suggested in this topic.

I'd suggest not to use "function" word in function name. Use "Func" instead, like "callClientFunc", that's what I do. I'm not sure maybe I made a mistake in lua.syn file which messes up. If I did messed up and someone found a fix for this then please post lua.syn file here so others can use it too. Thanks.

BTW, I must admit, MTA:SE seems to be so much stable now than it used to be. I don't receive bug reports (crash reports) very often, in fact I haven't received any for 3 days now (I used to get 3-4 a day!).

I really want to get this tool "bug free" but college takes most of my spare time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well about right click:

i know someone says no big deal that no right click menu, but i incredibly hate ctrl+c and ctrl+v, so i think it would be useful

btw another small thing: when you click on searchboxes in resource and function panels "search" text should disapear

well about right click:

i know someone says no big deal that no right click menu, but i incredibly hate ctrl+c and ctrl+v, so i think it would be useful

(...)

I've always thought there is right-click menu... I'm 100% sure there was one. You may have that context menu problem if you add new file. Try to close the file and re-open it. Opening file solves problems with functions list not showing up and context menu.

(...)

btw another small thing: when you click on searchboxes in resource and function panels "search" text should disapear

I'll look into it and probably fix it in the next release.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using the editor for some time now and I'm really happy about it.

Although I have a suggestion:

When you click the new file button, also give the option to create a xml file. This way we don't have to go to the folder, create the xml file, save, go back to the script, editor.

i could request a lot of features too, are you interested 50p? :P

You can post as many feature request as you want. They will eventually be added. Also, post your requests on http://bugs.mtasa.com/bug_report_advanced_page.php But before you make a report, make sure you are on "Multi Theft Auto: Script Editor" project page (TOP RIGHT corner of the page has a dropdown combobox).

I have been using the editor for some time now and I'm really happy about it.

Although I have a suggestion:

When you click the new file button, also give the option to create a xml file. This way we don't have to go to the folder, create the xml file, save, go back to the script, editor.

The way of adding new files was made quickly (within 2 hours) so it's very basic. I have plans to make a wizard (like for "New resource") where you select what file type, file name, etc.

Do you think you could add a blank script with all of the public's

so when we click new it shows a blank template?

I had intentions to do so. I wanted to have some templates and snippets features to speed up scripting even more.

To fix bug of replacement callClientFunction to callClientfunction i have edited lua.syn

where was such lines

<Block Name="Lua Code" Style="Lua Code" EscapeChar="" IsMultiline="true">
	<Scope Start="function " End="\bend\b" Style="Lua Keyword" Text="function ... end" CauseIndent="true" EndIsComplex="true" />

I just add spase in Start="function "

callClientFunction(...) - there a "(", and function funcName - there a " ".

• 1 month later...

Hi :)

I've got a suggestion.

When I write in script polish diacritical marks replaced strange symbols, because in UTF-8 this characters do not display correctly.

Maybe in next release you put choose codding option?

My script works well in ASCI coding.