[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

Hi there, I've been busy with my real life stuff and couldn't do much work on SE (Script Editor) but hopefully will get back to it tomorrow. I've worked on a website for SE too, so stay tuned and you'll get a link.

Good looking so far, what else to except from 50p :P

Seems like it'll speed up development a lot, just check out some of the feats from SciTE, like some distinctive highlighting and unclosed quote warning, that eliminates syntax errors a lot faster.

I like the MTA func list, and the resource creation. Keep up the good work ;)

I wonder how do you have such nerves to write things like func list 1 by 1 func :P Luckily we've got guys like you in community.

Cheers ;)

Nidza

Good looking so far, what else to except from 50p :P

Hmm, maybe a GUI Editor? :P

I wonder how do you have such nerves to write things like func list 1 by 1 func :P Luckily we've got guys like you in community.

In Credits I say Cazomino05 made the xml files with functions and events (he used a script to get all these functions from the wiki).. so he's the guy.

Orly? :oops:

Sorry Caz!

I thought it was 50p since he was enough persistent even to export 260 images one by one for his speedo xD (Couldn't you do angle calculations simply? I prefer using gray matter for everything connected with coding ;))

GUI Editor? I was thinking to do such thing, so I don't need to enter game, though ingame one works fine so I didn't bother :P

Good luck with that.

Cheers ;)

Nidza

Orly? :oops:

Sorry Caz!

I thought it was 50p since he was enough persistent even to export 260 images one by one for his speedo xD (Couldn't you do angle calculations simply? I prefer using gray matter for everything connected with coding ;))

Well, I can make simple calculations but what will that help me with if you can't rotate an image? I made a new version of the speedo for 1.0 and it does rotate an image but I don't want to release it because I want to add a lot of new features. Anyway, when we started this project I managed to got only 20 functions from the wiki into xml because I was copying'n'pasting everything from the wiki but he used a script so not much work for him ;P

GUI Editor? I was thinking to do such thing, so I don't need to enter game, though ingame one works fine so I didn't bother :P

Good luck with that.

Cheers ;)

Nidza

I think I won't make it because when I use MTA's cgui.dll, my DirectX window stops rendering and I can't render GUI in a window that is not showing up ;P Maybe some day in the future I'll investigate more and get this .dll to work properly.

There already is a GUI editor that works perfectly well, so IMO that's not something that should hold back a release.

Where can I download a non-in-game GUI Editor? I'd love to see it!

I didn't say it wasn't in-game (I was referring to Remp's, just to have that cleared up,) I just said it works well.

Obviously, it's up to you, but IMO a GUI editor is different enough from a script/resource editor that having either's release wait for the other getting ready doesn't make sense, at least not to me.

Ah, I was hoping to see a proper GUI Editor that doesn't force you to enter game to make your GUI... and I didn't say I'm making it... I tried but I'm not.

I think I won't make it because when I use MTA's cgui.dll, my DirectX window stops rendering and I can't render GUI in a window that is not showing up ;P Maybe some day in the future I'll investigate more and get this .dll to work properly.

• 2 weeks later...

After pretty long break an update has arrived.

Added a window where you can modify your server configuration. I posted screenshot of it in the first post, go and check it out. :)

Remember, if you have any suggestions don't hesitate and post them here.

You should make a admin adder, moderator adder, so you can make admins/remove admins, so people dont mess up the ACL like five times like me.

I thought about that, but I think I'll add this in the future release.

BTW, new screenshot added. Go to the first post.

You should make a admin adder, moderator adder, so you can make admins/remove admins, so people dont mess up the ACL like five times like me.

If you do do that, keep it generic - don't assume the groups are called 'admin' and 'moderator' as there's no reason they need to be! Look at how the webadmin does it (and try to simplify it).

If you do do that, keep it generic - don't assume the groups are called 'admin' and 'moderator' as there's no reason they need to be! Look at how the webadmin does it (and try to simplify it).

Yes, of course.

EDIT:

Updated screenshot in the first post. Now "suggested functions" window supports exported functions.

2yzd4x0.png

does it work in windows 7?

because every time i start it.

it show me than i have discovered a bug and then it close. :|

Sorry, I have no idea if it works on Windows 7. I don't have Windows 7. Have you clicked "Send report"?

does it work in windows 7?

because every time i start it.

it show me than i have discovered a bug and then it close. :|

Sorry, I have no idea if it works on Windows 7. I don't have Windows 7. Have you clicked "Send report"?

yep :/

i discovered if you close the report window you can use the program. but when you close a file it crash D:

It also seems to do this on my laptop. I run Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit edition, so it isn't likely a problem with Windows 7. I tried running it in compatibility to XP and run as administrator and it still does it. I sent a bug report. Other than that, this program looks quite promising, especially for absent minded people like me who sometimes forget to put in parentheses and have to alt-tab MTA just to fix one careless mistake. Thanks a bunch 50p!

I opened a new document, then closed it. Boom. Crash. Bang. Promising. :mrgreen:

*runs*

And again, when right clicking the list box. Again: promising. Too bad you didn't want my help. :lol:

I wouldn't say this is in a usable state quite yet.

Also, the resource selector should let you choose a /resources/ directory to list the resources from.

I opened a new document, then closed it. Boom. Crash. Bang. Promising. :mrgreen:

*runs*

And again, when right clicking the list box. Again: promising. Too bad you didn't want my help. :lol:

I wouldn't say this is in a usable state quite yet.

Also, the resource selector should let you choose a /resources/ directory to list the resources from.

That's why it's called "alpha", robhol.

Thanks to all who have sent bug reports. From these reports we know that the most common crash is caused by the .NET's XML file handling. I'll dig deeper into that tomorrow. We're trying to create dump files for more accurate debugging and we'll release next build as soon as we're done.