[REL] ClientLuaConverter - protect your script!

robhol

I've decided to release this program. (Originally intended for personal use.)

ClientLuaConverter (CLC) is a program that simplifies and nearly completely automates the compilation of client-side scripts in order to minimize file sizes and prevent leechers from stealing your scripts.

It provides a simple interface where you can easily select individual resources to compile, or bulk compile your entire resource folder.

It also has a batch job function. By creating a batch file, you will be able to easily convert any given list of resources with just a few mouse clicks.

The program compiles client-side files only, and leaves the source files intact.

The program is no longer offered nor supported.

Edited by Guest

And if I were using 2.0, people would still whine because not everybody has 2.0, I suppose.. :mrgreen:

Anyways, this uses LINQ features which were actually not implemented until 3.5.

If you guys haven't gotten the last version of CLC (1.3) yet, do it now, by the way. I have no idea how I missed it, but the older versions had a nasty bug that caused it to randomly not give any output... It SHOULD be fixed by now, but let me know if it isn't.

No success on Windows 7 beta. It says that conversion was completed successfully but all it actually does is edit the meta.xml file. It doesn't create the clc file. Maybe I'm missing something...

I get the same problem as my friend Stoney here.

All that I can see is happening is an edited meta.xml and a meta.xml.bak, I cannot see any lua.clc file anywhere.

This is on XP.

Could you provide a zipped/rarred/tarred version, without the installer?

Well, aren't we picky! :P

Here.

:P

It seems it works here on Windows Vista x64.

You should update your manifest file, the application should be starting with Administrator Rights on Windows Vista.

It doesnt work on any XP version when the path to the files to compile contains spaces.

It does compile stuff as soon as the path is "valid".

Have fun.

The thing is that to compile lua code with luac.exe you have to pass path to it not as string with quotes (eg. "hell world.lua") but without quotes (eg. hello world.lua). The problem is that the first parameter is file you want to compile (which would be: hello, which doesn't exist) and the second param is the output file (in this case world.lua)... I haven't use this tool (due to .NET 3.5) but I'm pretty sure the problem is in the paths and the compiler probably outputs some errors.

I used .NET 2.0 to parse meta.xml to get files included in resource and it's not that hard. Just one loop. If you used C# than take a look at this .NET 2.0 code, robhol:

ArrayList files = new ArrayList( ); 
if( File.Exists( path + @"\meta.xml" ) ) 
{ 
        FileStream fs = new FileStream( path + @"\meta.xml", FileMode.Open ); 
        try 
        { 
                XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader(fs); 
                while (reader.Read()) 
                { 
                        reader.MoveToContent(); 
                        if (reader.NodeType == XmlNodeType.Element && reader.Name == "script" ) 
                        { 
                                files.Add(reader.GetAttribute("src")); 
                        } 
                } 
                fs.Close(); 
                return files; 
        } 
        catch 
        {  } 
} 

This is a piece of code that I used to get all the script files included in meta.xml and it's C# .NET 2.0. Don't choose the easiest way because you will never learn harder things. Besides, .NET 2.0 is for wider audience.

Yes, it makes XML handling easier. My job is not to accomodate every last person not wanting to keep his system updated. There's no real reason to not download .NET 3.5. Also, it's not like I get paid for this program: if people don't use it, I don't give a :o - I just released it because it could help people avoid getting their script stolen.

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...

I don't know why this program is fucking up left right and center, but works for me. It would kinda help, though, if you actually gave me the error message. Does CLC tell you of any errors, warnings or exceptions?

Edited by Guest