Teleport with a Vehicle and i need 7-8 start spawn points :)

HI!

I have add this as teleport point:

function hjwarp (source) 
    setElementPosition ( source, 886.24, 2479.17, 258.32 ) 
    outputChatBox ( "You're warped to Hight Jump hj!", source, 0, 255, 0 ) 
end 
addCommandHandler ( "hj", hjwarp ) 

But that script teleport only a player where is not in a vehicle, is the a way that the player can warp with a car to my teleport points?

I have a Freeroam server and want that the üöayer warp when they login on one of my 6 spawn points and when somone die he warp back to one of this point.

PLZ can someone here say me how i can do that????

BIG THXXXXXX

You need first to check, if the player is in a vehicle, well that we do with getVehicleOccupant, implant that good in your script and it should work. Here you are. I'm not sure of this work, because i never work with this function. :oops:

function hjwarp (source) 
    local vehicle = getVehicleOccupant ( source, 0 ) 
    setElementPosition ( vehicle, 886.24, 2479.17, 258.32 ) 
    outputChatBox ( "You're warped to Hight Jump hj!", source, 0, 255, 0 ) 
end 

Nope it won't in fact. getVehicleOccupant is for retrieving an occupant of a vehicle, not the vehicle the player is occupying. :P

function hjwarp (player) 
    if isPlayerInVehicle(player) then -- If the player is in a vehicle... 
        local vehicle=getPlayerOccupiedVehicle(player) -- Obtain the vehicle the player is in 
        if getVehicleController(vehicle)==player then -- If the player is the driver... 
            setElementPosition (vehicle , 886.24, 2479.17, 258.32 ) -- Warp the vehicle 
            outputChatBox ( "You're warped to Hight Jump hj!", player, 0, 255, 0 ) 
        end 
    else -- If the player isn't in a vehicle... 
        setElementPosition (player , 886.24, 2479.17, 258.32 ) -- Warp the player 
        outputChatBox ( "You're warped to Hight Jump hj!", player, 0, 255, 0 ) 
    end 
end 

This might work a little better. Still not entirely sure if it's entirely correct, since I didn't test it, but it should do the job. ;)

NOTE: I can remember vehicles acting a little... Weird... After warping. If it bothers you too much, you should try something with setVehicleFrozen, I can remember someone saying it would help.

omg Gamesnert you are my HERO :D BIG THX!!!! :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

I hope so someone here can help me with the 7-8 start spawn points and when a player die he respawn on one of this 7-8 places!!!

Create an array with all the values:

--the array 
spawnArray{  
{x, y, z},    --x is the x co-ord, y is the y co-ord, z is the z co-ord 
{x2, y2, z2}, 
... --repeat for however many you need 
} 

function spawn(player, command) 

maximum = #spawnArray --make the maximum value the length of the array 

index = math.random(1, maximum) --get a random integer between 1 and the max 

spawnPlayer(player, spawnArray[index][1], spawnArray[index][2], spawnArray[index][3]) --spawnPlayer at the random position 
end 
addCommandHandler("randomspawn", spawn) --when randomspawn is typed the function will be called 

This is currently done by command, if you want it to be done when the player dies, use onPlayerWasted.

Edited by Guest