Dedicated Server Running Map Editor map save file location

alwSmokE

Maps made in the map editor or local server will save in this folder:

C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources

That's great. But when I ran a dedicated server on my computer and put in several more hours of work on a map and saved it, the map didn't show up in that folder. I can run the dedicated server and load it, but I can't find the file anywhere. I've searched my entire computer for it. Nothing with the map name anywhere.

I hope I am clear enough in my problem. The map should show up in the folder listed above, it should be somewhere. It is somewhere. I just can't find it.

Please help!

Found it.

It saves it to:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources\

I never would have thought to look there. An advanced search in Vista found it. Might be helpful for others in my situation.

• MTA Team

It's due to the fact that Vista limits write-access for non-admin processes in Program Files directory. Files get written in that VirtualStore dir instead of real Program Files folder.

Either run the server application with administrative rights, install/move MTA to a different drive, or just bear with it.