All new Voice support!

indevelopment2.jpg

Introducing all-new TeamSpeak 3 support.

That's right, it's what everyone has been asking for. We've dug up all those forum posts requesting for voice support, and made it our top priority! We've thoroughly taken opinions from all over and realised the choice was obvious:

Irrelevant to MTA, if players want this they can use Ventrilo or another VoIP.

robhol, community member

Imagine trying to sync all the client-server-client data with tons of audio data fighting to get through on time as well.

Several people also have connections that are barely enough for the game itself.

Some people, (me, for example) would find it incredibly annoying, and disable it.

Lots of people would speak different languages so you couldn't talk to them anyways.

Not everybody has a mic/headset.

robhol, community member

There are also tons of bugs to fix and quite a few more important features to add before even considering something like this, IMO.

Apart from the 3D part, this is the exact same thing. Since it was pretty much discussed to death there, I don't see the point in taking it up again.

robhol, community member

Besides, I personally don't see the use anyway. If you still want it, use an external application.

Gamesnert, community member

I wouldn't recommend it either because noobs are gonna fuggin scream and whatnot when they loose o_O.

MuffinKing, community member

Voice support was removed once already

Talidan, forum moderator

the last thing i want is a bunch of immature 12, 13, 14, years olds etc screaming at one another like there's no tomorrow!! MTA team hear us and please NEVER add the voice chat!!!!

Mr.P.C., community member

Due to your overwhelming testimonials, we've decided to implement TS3 support as soon as possible. Features include:

• Voice - All new voice support will allow people to use voice. Talk to other people in the server using a "microphone".
  • Channels - Have seperate channels to seperate teams or players
  • 3D Chat - Have your voice volume reflect the 3D world.

We'll be posting up full details on all of this once it is implemented. Right now we're unsure how or when it will be implemented given that TS3 is not released yet.

Why? TS dont needs that much amount of bandwith. And this 3D stuff they spoken bout is not a new idea. I have read about a programm that I unfortunatley dont remember the name.....but the idea that you just can hear a guy next to you in the game-world would be great. Not everybody is talking at once, cause you just hear guys around you. And wouldnt it be great if you could hear if someones calling to you from the left or the right side? So you could scream someones name over the street instead of open the chat to tell him he should wait....or somehat. :)

Its possible that this was an april fool, but I would not be sad if it was not...

This news post is:

a) April Fool's Day joke

b) Clear answer to those asking for voice support

As for me, I think it'd be great to create Mumble (there will be pain in ass using non-free in open-source) overlay for MTA and that's it.

This news post is:

a) April Fool's Day joke

b) Clear answer to those asking for voice support

As for me, I think it'd be great to create Mumble (there will be pain in ass using non-free in open-source) overlay for MTA and that's it.

And you're bumping an April Fool's joke post 4 days after the latest reply to say this why?

Who says if this is an April Fool's joke. All jokes are known at the end of the April Fool's day. I don't think this is a joke. Because it is really obvious. As I do not prefer voice chatting, it would be still cool. Meh, me and my Russian accent. >.