addPedClothes for non cj skins?

Kosmo

I was wondering if this function will ever be available for non CJ skins? Don' t shoot me down if it's impossible, I know shit about coding, it would just be awesome.

I frequent rp servers alot and it would be lovely if you could put on the bikehelmet for instance without needing the CJ skin.

No it's not possible and will not be possible because that's how the game is made. It requires changing models and pedestrians weren't made the way CJ is. I would be really surprised if MTA will make it possible.

Allright. Thanks for enlightening me.

I've got another question though, that abit related. I vageuly recall a function that could attach elements to "ped bones". As in foot, hand leg, arm, etc... Is that function still planned to be implemented, because I can't find it anymore.

Again, it would make a great addition for rp servers (holding beers, cigarets, etc...) or if you want to make your own six million dollar man :P

attachElementToBone was removed in favour of setElementAttachedOffsets. This allows you to set the glue offset on render, which essentially attachElementToBone was doing (and actually it was attachObjectToBone, rendering the function even more useless).

I don't understand why its an issue that attachElementToBone doesnt exist - it was horribly ungeneric and you can still do it yourself.

No it's not possible and will not be possible because that's how the game is made. It requires changing models and pedestrians weren't made the way CJ is. I would be really surprised if MTA will make it possible.

What about if we add more clothes & haircuts to CJ via editing the data files (clothing.dat etc) & models/textures in the players.img, we can do it in singleplayer so why not in MTA, like in my single-player GTA, I can play as many different characters that I can personalize (change shirts, shoes etc). I got CJ, a puertorican guy and Snoop Dogg, all I done is adding new haircuts to CJ (as an haircut model includes CJ's head) and other stuff.

Anyway I tried to make a script to attach an object to the player's all the night, no success, can someone please explain me how I am meant to do because I don't understand shit because of all these functions that changed...

What about if we add more clothes & haircuts to CJ via editing the data files (clothing.dat etc) & models/textures in the players.img, we can do it in singleplayer so why not in MTA, like in my single-player GTA, I can play as many different characters that I can personalize (change shirts, shoes etc). I got CJ, a puertorican guy and Snoop Dogg, all I done is adding new haircuts to CJ (as an haircut model includes CJ's head) and other stuff.

The beauty of MTA is that it doesn't alter any file. If it would touch your files, it might eventually mess up or get stuffed with things you don't want.

What MTA does is altering it in the memory, which seems like a pretty hard thing to do. (atleast, to me it does)

It seems like it though that a downside of this is that you can't add anything, only replace stuff. Like vehicle models have to be replaced, no easy way to really add them.

I'm not really an expert on this, but this seems to be how it works.