Bring back MTA3!

Guest MukiHyena

Am I the only one who misses the old days of GTA3 before ASE went fubar?

Remember Party Server, fifteen people on at once, half DMing, half tricking in vehicles? And the Dodo plane, oh god the Dodo plane <3 Now there's usually one server up according to Game-Moniter http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=mta with nobody playing. I miss the old days.

How hard would it be to implement Game-Moniter as a replacement of ASE into the old MTA 0.5 client? Not too hard I'm assuming, but I'm no programmer. One thing I'm sure of though, tons more people would play if the server catcher actually worked!

What I'm hoping for is as little as an unofficial update that fixes the server catcher; a third party update to link the server catcher to Game-Moniter instead of the now obsolete ASE.

I'm all for this.

Anyone else with me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's why I'm begging that GTA3MTA/MTA:VC be either open-sourced so we can update it, or let them actually do something about this. Even if they are busy right now, why not make an additional team to handle GTA3MTA/MTA:VC? I've suggested it before but everyone is too afraid of losing their credit to a project they gave up on years ago...

That's why I'm begging that GTA3MTA/MTA:VC be either open-sourced so we can update it, or let them actually do something about this. Even if they are busy right now, why not make an additional team to handle GTA3MTA/MTA:VC? I've suggested it before but everyone is too afraid of losing their credit to a project they gave up on years ago...

Open-sourced or not, it would first be ported to the new core and I doubt they have the time. Unless someone else would know how to do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Open-sourced or not, it would first be ported to the new core and I doubt they have the time. Unless someone else would know how to do it.

We've actually had many people suggesting that idea that can actually do it...

Please MTA Team, please...bring it back! People are begging for this, and I can say for a fact now that atleast one VERY LARGE RPG community would love to have a GTA 3 server possible in the near future...