Nightly build(s): Invalid serial error on joining own server

Hi,

Wasn't sure if this should go in the public beta forum or not, so since it does say help area I figure I'll put it here :)

I installed DP2.3 and made sure it worked (create server, join it etc), then installed the latest nightly build (I've tried older ones with same error) I then create a server as normal and join the loopback address.

The game lets me join, enters the server and then I'm instantly kicked with a message:

You were kicked by Console (Invalid Serial).

I'm on vista home premium x64, so I've done the usual run as admin, compatibility as XP and disable UAC but all to no avail.

Is there anyway to disable it's looking for a serial? I thought since dp2.3 was released serials had been disabled as a requirement, so I just wondered why it's complaining about this. I was thinking of making a better version of Tankjack using 1.0, but obv. if I can't get into my own test server, things won't go very well :D

Any suggestions? I figure since no one else has reported this problem on either the bug tracker or here on the forums, then its something specific to me :|

Chief.

Try to go to settings>community>login. (if you have an account, login. Otherwise click register.)

I'd try that. ;)

The correct answer was:

Go into MTASERVER.CONF and change the tag to 0.

Then go into the Admin resource (unzip if needed), locate the server\admin_server.lua file and comment out all kickPlayer lines with "Invalid serial" in the reason.