Multi Theft Auto now opened for business

darkdreamingdan

But I have a question: This "nightly" version or something... Is it a server upgrade to change it for a part to 1.0? And is a client upgrade necessary? I just don't completely seem to understand what's happening right now, except for that the source has been released a few days ago... What (might) the future of MTA look like? What exactly is this "nightly" thing? Possibly some more info to clear things up?

As you might see after reading this, I'm just a little confused by the recent events... :S

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are working towards a stable version. Each revision is a step closer to the final release. All builds are release candidates but meant for developers to either cooperate debugging or fix their code for the next release. You can download the nightly builds if you are not interested in debugging the source but just want to upgrade your code. If you want to cooperate or are just interested you can fetch the latest source from the repository and build your own binaries. And if you want none of that you can just stick to DP2.3. I hope this answer cleared it up a bit.

Edited by Guest
GNeoncore use debug or release configs, i haven't edited others

with release

------ Build started: Project: Server - Deathmatch, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 
Compiling... 
CAccountManager.cpp 
.\logic\CAccountManager.cpp(266) : warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. 
        E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\stdio.h(237) : see declaration of 'fopen' 
.\logic\CAccountManager.cpp(342) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'std::list<_Ty>::_Iterator<_Secure_validation>' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CAccountData *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
        No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous 
Build log was saved at "file://j:\SVN\Multi Theft Auto [Google]\MTA10_Server\mods\deathmatch\Release\BuildLog.htm" 
Server - Deathmatch - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s) 
------ Build started: Project: Client - GUI, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 
Compiling... 
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release 
CGUIElement_Impl.cpp 
.\CGUIElement_Impl.cpp(430) : warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. 
        E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\string.h(74) : see declaration of 'strcpy' 
.\CGUIElement_Impl.cpp(431) : warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. 
        E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\string.h(74) : see declaration of 'strcpy' 
.\CGUIElement_Impl.cpp(464) : error C2664: 'std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>::_Const_iterator(const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CGUIProperty *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
        Reason: cannot convert from 'int' to 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CGUIProperty *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
        No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous 
.\CGUIElement_Impl.cpp(480) : error C2664: 'std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>::_Const_iterator(const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CGUIProperty *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
        Reason: cannot convert from 'int' to 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CGUIProperty *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
Build log was saved at "file://j:\SVN\Multi Theft Auto [Google]\MTA10\gui\Release\BuildLog.htm" 
Client - GUI - 2 error(s), 3 warning(s) 
------ Build started: Project: Client - Deathmatch, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 
Linking... 
fatal error C1047: The object or library file '..\..\..\Shared\publicsdk\lib\lua5.1s.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries 
LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed 
Build log was saved at "file://j:\SVN\Multi Theft Auto [Google]\MTA10\mods\deathmatch\Release\BuildLog.htm" 
Client - Deathmatch - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) 
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 3 failed, 7 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== 

Could be quite good for the progress of the mod, but could it also mean that there might be a craploads of different MTA versions and editions? If so, it might confuse some of the newcomers to the community :S

Well, here comes Me, with my "Ideas" (This time, they are not crap)

What about an Auto-Updater? or atleast a "A new version of MTA Is available" when you load the game, so everyone is always up to date.

and also, seeing how its open sauce, or Tomato Source, or whatever, why not trying to intergrate the TS3 SDK into MTA, for voice chat (On servers that have it enabled only ofcourse) http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3sdk

and either way, its about Bloody time, i was about to give up on MTA ever being released.

Well, here comes Me, with my "Ideas" (This time, they are not crap)

What about an Auto-Updater? or atleast a "A new version of MTA Is available" when you load the game, so everyone is always up to date.

You should not switch to the nightlies yet so the auto updater is not needed. It is not yet a stable release and people that are not interested in development/testing should stick with dp2 atm.

I think he ONLY meant stable versions. I would agree with that, as long as is doesn't update with specific versions.

So since the source is released for... A few days or something. How is progress going? Just wondering because I really can't wait till the real stable 1.0! :D

Let's see how this code goes, if we get support from developers outside the team, we'll consider releasing the code for 0.5 and/or Race.

You guys want help? Start talking to this community:

http://www.argonathrpg.eu/forum/index.php?topic=14633.0

These guys host dedicated servers for multiple GTA multiplayer clients and are run 24/7 with almost no downtime. This community is great and their MTA:3/VC users are begging for some progress on the client. Please, don't forget us!

well your to late with gta IV coming out in a few days with built in multi player whos going to want to play MTA.i dont know of anyone still playing it now.i really think you have wasted your time you took way to long to get the preview out the dm part was ok but the race mod was horrible and still is thanks for trying but you failed..

well your to late with gta IV coming out in a few days with built in multi player whos going to want to play MTA.i dont know of anyone still playing it now.i really think you have wasted your time you took way to long to get the preview out the dm part was ok but the race mod was horrible and still is thanks for trying but you failed..

you're an idiot..

Grand Theft Auto IV will have static gamemodes unlike MTA:SA Deathmatch, there you can create your own gamemodes. And there are also ppl who cannot play GTA IV on their PC.

They are not wasting their time, becouse developers are always learning something from a project. The race mod was just a 'preview' what the 'blue core' could do:

Race was always intended to be a test for blue and a way to get a quick release out...

And remember ppl are still playing Counterstrike that was released as a mod in 1999.

I WAS going to BUY GTAIV, but i am not going to waste my money now.

It comes with SecuRom.

Now, a Lot of you are thinking "Whats wrong with that?"

Here comes the rant.....

If you want to install a Trojan on your computer, Go ahead and Buy GTAIV.

Because SecuRom has verry Trojan-Like Behaviour.

First of all, it Fully intergrates with the Windows Kernel, making it almost impossible to remove without formatting.

Secondly, i love this one, If you download an addon FROM MICROSOFT for Task manager, that allows the showing of Hidden Processes and other such Nasty's, SecuRom will REFUSE to allow you to run ANY SecuRom Protected games. i myself have this MS Addon, because i like to know what is "Hiding" on my computer.

Thirdly. Its not just limited to that, if theres anything on your PC it dosent like, it will Refuse to allow the game to load.

Fourth. It Reports Personal data back to SecuRom HQ. <- Sounds like a bloody trojan to me.

oo, and here is somthing ELSE fun that i found. It has VERRY Rootkit like behaviour :-)

and i Quote:

You know, Sony really could think about using their brain once in a while....

From the securom website :

User Access Service

SecuROM™ will install a Windows™ service module called "User Access Service" (UAService) on your system. This is a standard interface commonly used by several other applications as well. It is no spyware or rootkit at all. This module has been developed to enable users without Windows™ administrator rights the ability to access all SecuROM™ features. Please be assured that this service is installed only for security and convenience purposes. Since it is a standard Windows™ service, you can stop and delete this service, like any other Windows™ service. If deleted, the access for non-administrator users to SecuROM™ protected applications will be affected.

DRM (Digital Rights Management) Service

If a publisher implements the DRM (Digital Rights Management) features in SecuROM™, SecuROM™ will create a "SecuROM" folder and registry keys on your system. These folders are used only for storage of license information. Please do not modify or delete these file. Otherwise you might be unable to run the protected application.

Important Additional Information

Several systems are said to use a root kit based DRM that makes it possible for viruses or other malicious programs ("malware") to use the root kit to hide content on a user's PC. In this way, a virus or other malware may remain undetected, even if updated anti-virus software is installed. Please note that SecuROM™ does not use any root kit technology in its implementation.

If you have any problems with SecuROM™, please feel free to contact [email protected].

Your SecuROM™ support team.

Now if you go and run rootkit revealer...

HKLM\S-1-5-21-854245398-507921405-1957994488-1003\ Software\SecuROM\!CAUTION! NEVER DELETE OR CHANGE ANY KEY* 29/01/2007 00:06 0 bytes Key name contains embedded nulls (*)

It finds a rootkit hidden in the registry.

furthermore if you check

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserNameHere\Application Data\SecuROM\UserData

Then you'll find that the directory is full of files which have characters windows isnt normally allowed to use, you CANNOT delete these files by normal means, you cant rename them by normal means and they are also hidden from the user and protected from being edited.

Now if Sony think thats not (another) rootkit, then please, why dont we just change the definition of rootkit so it excludes anything that sony make and be done with it?

Either way, BAD SHIT.

i will NOT buy the game BECAUSE of this crap in the game. I was going to, but now i will just wait for a Pirate Release with that crap removed.

So anyway, back to the Point, Its because of this shit, and the fact that it only has a coupple of standard gamemodes, that people will Stay with MTA, than have to deal with the Trojan/Rootkit known as SecuRom. And WHY WOULD YOU PAY FOR SOMTHING TO INSTALL A TROJAN/ROOTKIT ON YOUR PC ANYWAY.

P.S.:

Just found a whole bunch of info on Lawsuits aimed at SecuRom and Companys that use it such as EA, Codemasters, and now it seems, Rockstar.:

http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=57

Hi,

You guys are fab. Thanks for open sourcing this project.

However I'm having a super hard time getting a good build.

Please tell me what these VC2005 settings are for you:

Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions-> VC++ Directories

What are the directories for 'Include Files' and also 'Library Files'?

Thank you.

Hey ppl, I have the same error while compiling the sources as GNeoncore on the page #4.

------ Build started: Project: Server - Deathmatch, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 
.\logic\CAccountManager.cpp(342) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'std::list<_Ty>::_Iterator<_Secure_validation>' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CAccountData *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
Server - Deathmatch - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s) 

One single error. Dunno what to do.

Compiling with MSVS 2005.

Please, help me anybody or point to where can I ask this question.

• MTA Team

Did you use VS2005 project files (which are available on svn) for compiling? Also, make sure you've read this.

Also, to posts a bit above, I don't think GTAIV will have that much of impact on the current gtasa multiplayer scene - maybe a bit after the release, but that's it. It likely loses in many areas of customization and gameplay possibilities with MTA. Also, like mentioned above - those who don't like to install it for some reasons or won't be able to due to system specs will probably stick to what they're playing now.

I WAS going to BUY GTAIV, but i am not going to waste my money now.

It comes with SecuRom.

Now, a Lot of you are thinking "Whats wrong with that?"

Here comes the rant.....

If you want to install a Trojan on your computer, Go ahead and Buy GTAIV.

Because SecuRom has verry Trojan-Like Behaviour.

First of all, it Fully intergrates with the Windows Kernel, making it almost impossible to remove without formatting.

Secondly, i love this one, If you download an addon FROM MICROSOFT for Task manager, that allows the showing of Hidden Processes and other such Nasty's, SecuRom will REFUSE to allow you to run ANY SecuRom Protected games. i myself have this MS Addon, because i like to know what is "Hiding" on my computer.

Thirdly. Its not just limited to that, if theres anything on your PC it dosent like, it will Refuse to allow the game to load.

Fourth. It Reports Personal data back to SecuRom HQ. <- Sounds like a bloody trojan to me.

oo, and here is somthing ELSE fun that i found. It has VERRY Rootkit like behaviour :-)

and i Quote:

You know, Sony really could think about using their brain once in a while....

From the securom website :

User Access Service

SecuROM™ will install a Windows™ service module called "User Access Service" (UAService) on your system. This is a standard interface commonly used by several other applications as well. It is no spyware or rootkit at all. This module has been developed to enable users without Windows™ administrator rights the ability to access all SecuROM™ features. Please be assured that this service is installed only for security and convenience purposes. Since it is a standard Windows™ service, you can stop and delete this service, like any other Windows™ service. If deleted, the access for non-administrator users to SecuROM™ protected applications will be affected.

DRM (Digital Rights Management) Service

If a publisher implements the DRM (Digital Rights Management) features in SecuROM™, SecuROM™ will create a "SecuROM" folder and registry keys on your system. These folders are used only for storage of license information. Please do not modify or delete these file. Otherwise you might be unable to run the protected application.

Important Additional Information

Several systems are said to use a root kit based DRM that makes it possible for viruses or other malicious programs ("malware") to use the root kit to hide content on a user's PC. In this way, a virus or other malware may remain undetected, even if updated anti-virus software is installed. Please note that SecuROM™ does not use any root kit technology in its implementation.

If you have any problems with SecuROM™, please feel free to contact [email protected].

Your SecuROM™ support team.

Now if you go and run rootkit revealer...

HKLM\S-1-5-21-854245398-507921405-1957994488-1003\ Software\SecuROM\!CAUTION! NEVER DELETE OR CHANGE ANY KEY* 29/01/2007 00:06 0 bytes Key name contains embedded nulls (*)

It finds a rootkit hidden in the registry.

furthermore if you check

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserNameHere\Application Data\SecuROM\UserData

Then you'll find that the directory is full of files which have characters windows isnt normally allowed to use, you CANNOT delete these files by normal means, you cant rename them by normal means and they are also hidden from the user and protected from being edited.

Now if Sony think thats not (another) rootkit, then please, why dont we just change the definition of rootkit so it excludes anything that sony make and be done with it?

Either way, BAD :~.

i will NOT buy the game BECAUSE of this crap in the game. I was going to, but now i will just wait for a Pirate Release with that crap removed.

So anyway, back to the Point, Its because of this :~, and the fact that it only has a coupple of standard gamemodes, that people will Stay with MTA, than have to deal with the Trojan/Rootkit known as SecuRom. And WHY WOULD YOU PAY FOR SOMTHING TO INSTALL A TROJAN/ROOTKIT ON YOUR PC ANYWAY.

P.S.:

Just found a whole bunch of info on Lawsuits aimed at SecuRom and Companys that use it such as EA, Codemasters, and now it seems, Rockstar.:

http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=57

I doubt that R* are that stupid with their games.

Did you use VS2005 project files (which are available on svn) for compiling? Also, make sure you've read this.

Also, to posts a bit above, I don't think GTAIV will have that much of impact on the current gtasa multiplayer scene - maybe a bit after the release, but that's it. It likely loses in many areas of customization and gameplay possibilities with MTA. Also, like mentioned above - those who don't like to install it for some reasons or won't be able to due to system specs will probably stick to what they're playing now.

After hours of stuggling with VS2005, I installed VS2003. Set the PSDK and DXSDK paths and compiled the debug configuration. Run the client and it worked! Hurrah!

So, I suggest anyone struggling with VC2005/2008 install VS2003 as well. At least for now.

• MTA Team

DazzaJay, while GTA IV is coming with SecuRom (even the Steam version) it has much less restrictions than other recently released games with it. Yes it requires online activation but does not require an active internet connection after that, online registration can even be done from a PC where the game is not installed on. It also allows for an unlimited amount of reinstalls so that should not be a problem either.

Ppl who say they will now download the game isntead of purchasing it just because of Securom are stupid and in the end responsible for destroying an industry, or at least a platform.

To be fair both GTA: San Andreas and GTA: Vicy contained SecuROM DRM. However, they didn't contain the mandatory activation, which is my biggest problem with the DRM in GTA IV, and which is causing me to to reconsider whether I should buy the game.