My servers are crashing all the time

SanZoR

Hello,

I dont really know why is that happening, ive upgraded my hardware three times, now they are running on a dedicated box with 2x P4 3,2GHz processors and 2GB of RAM.

At the time of a last upgrade, i thought it wont crash anymore, since i had it running before on a VPS server with 512mb RAM. But, suprise, suprise, it did.

And it does it many times in a day. Usually it just freezes, and uses like 90% of the CPU + over 500MB of RAM. At that time, nobody cant connect to it, but it still appears to be up. All other gameservers are running just fine.

This is very annoying, since the failing server is still running, and my scripts cant reboot the server automatically cause of that.

Is there any solution for this, i already have done everyhing what i could think of about what would cause the crashing.

The OS is Linux Ubuntu.

Every since possible or impossible solution is welcome.

The servers are Hannus Freeroam and Hannus MTA Server 2.

If somebody can fix this, i would drop 10 EUR to his paypal account.

Thanks in advance.

I can't fix it, but I wish I could, seeing as I have a problem with crashes too... ._.

Do you have any modules activated? Modules will crash the server after a while, because of a bug in the code that handles "garbage collection", ie., freeing used memory etc.

I have the same problem sanzor... since the last two weeks my server crashes nearly everyday though it ran for weeks without problems before.

I already tried resetting the server to the state it was in 2 weeks ago but it's still constantly crashing so i doubt it's one of the recently added resources fault.

Maybe someone found an exploit in dm that allows him to easily freeze a server ?!

Hmm..

Seems like this is caused by the MTA server itself.

A comment from the developement would be great! Why is this error happening? How to fix this?

Thanks.

Also i would like to know, is the crashing server popular (like over 20 players most of its uptime).