Script Ideas Please

[UVA]Bart

well a have been thinking and a am a bit bored so has any one got any ideas that can make mta a bit fun a think this is in the right place as its to do with scripting but i have been working on a bank script, login script( with skin selector) that i will probably be releasing for the other servers to use that dont have such things as these.

any ideas such as making it so people can buy any house in the game or having modes like call of duty or something.

I thought about a level/skill/item system like in WoW. That would definatly be something new. The aim would simply be to leveling up, collecting unique items and beeing the best ;)

I think with Peds as "Creeps" (or mops? im not into WoW :roll: ) it would be even better.

Other Ideas:

Destruction Race mode that also features on-foot "races" and where you could also just be a shooting passenger.

hum some good ideas am just trying to fix the last bug in ma login/ skin selection thing then finnishing ma bank and house script which shouldnt take long then a might attempt to make something like a level system like u said like once a player has a certain ammount of cash and kills then they level up and get a new gun or car or something :P

so the players have to build buildings using objects ? or have to find collect woood of go to the quary and get stone for there building to be built and it takes a set ammount of time to build every building and the building can be raised in levels to make it stronger or store more things :D

so the players have to build buildings using objects ? or have to find collect woood of go to the quary and get stone for there building to be built and it takes a set ammount of time to build every building and the building can be raised in levels to make it stronger or store more things :D

Exactly, you get my point.

Try to make an RTS game mode. That would truly be unique.

Grrrrr... My secret idea for when DP3 would be out, spoiled... >.>

Anyway, something unique... In my experience there are far too less real action gamemodes. Most servers are just RP(G), freeroam, race etc. And some are finally a bit combat driven! Including the Zombie gamemode, stealth and my BFSA.

Point is: These gamemodes are really good and low in number. There should be a real innovative gamemode on this area! Combining DM with teamwork, vehicles, strategic positions, bombs etc. :D

Or you can make something that could help others a lot. Since not many are good enough to know how to calculate positions out of a position, rotation and distance, (like me... ^^) a resource/script to calculate these things would help quite some people quite much! So people can make their gamemodes a bit more professional and add a lot of their ideas of which they'd originally think that it wouldn't be possible.

Suggestion for a function:

float,float,float calculatePosition(float x, float y, float z, float rotx, float roty, float rotz, float distance) 

Or something. Might not be hard, but it is to me! ^^

EDIT: And yes, Stronghold is an example for an RTS. Just like CNC, Warcraft etc.

so u want a function somethinglike calculatePoints ( player from , player too, rotation, z, y, z, your distance away from them ) :S

and yh am working on a rts a think allready altho i didnt know what it was called but in my version u have to get a lot of pennys first to puchase 1 of 3 plots of land avaliable for development :P to earn money u buy houses ingame and sell them :) halfway through the house bit now and allready chosen the locations for the development bits :D

Try to make an RTS game mode. That would truly be unique.

Grrrrr... My secret idea for when DP3 would be out, spoiled... >.>

There are a lot of different varieties possible because there are so few (if not none) RTS game modes. I am sure what you are making is totally different from what I am working on :P .

mine is :P a think ace_gambit does what i explained in my previous post sound anything like urs ?

It think the aim of my game mode is different. The goal is to destroy as many properties of other players as you can and reach the highest rank (King of San Andreas). It's almost like the criminal rating system in SP. You can also rank up by capturing resources and build properties. These properties can consist of tech buildings (weapons), factories (vehicles), defensive structures and static structures (like walls). Like in Command & Conquer you must capture resources in order to build in the first place but you are free to build anywhere on the map.

mine is :P a think ace_gambit does what i explained in my previous post sound anything like urs ?

It think the aim of my game mode is different. The goal is to destroy as many properties of other players as you can and reach the highest rank (King of San Andreas). It's almost like the criminal rating system in SP. You can also rank up by capturing resources and build properties. These properties can consist of tech buildings (weapons), factories (vehicles), defensive structures and static structures (like walls). Like in Command & Conquer you must capture resources in order to build in the first place but you are free to build anywhere on the map.

Looks the most like CNC:Red Alert 3! My favorite of the series! ^^

Anyway, sounds interesting! Tell on the forums when it's done, and I'll come check it out! :D

But anyway, this is bout idea's for Bart? ^^ Well, how bout a CARPET bomber resource? :D (I know the bomber resource, but I would like to see a CARPET bomb version! And preferably server-side :P)

But anyway, this is bout idea's for Bart? ^^ Well, how bout a CARPET bomber resource? :D (I know the bomber resource, but I would like to see a CARPET bomb version! And preferably server-side :P)

already done twice :D

here: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ails&id=94

and here: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ails&id=71

Ah nonono! To attach on your OWN plane! :D

lol ano there 2 why dont u have a look at how there made and then write ya own :P i working on a RTS that a didnt know what it was untill then and a didnt know a was making one :/ till today lol but allready half way throught thought a was making a Rpg but not making a RTS Accidentally :D