When is DP3 coming out?

Antman

Question

Hey guys i was wondering when is DP3 coming out? I've been waiting for a while now and i've been seeing people starting to leave MTA because there sick of waiting for MTA DP3. Then i've been told rumours about MTA DP3 coming out on Christmas is this true if u want to keep it secret email me in private [email protected] i really want to know and i will not tell anyone when its coming out its just that i want to know because im rlly getting sick of waiting for it to come out. Not that im trying to rush u guys or anything i just want to know when u aim for it to be done.

15 answers to this question

Lol. Sorry, Ant, nobody knows for sure, only the devs and possibly QA have any idea at all, and they're experts in shutting the hell up, so...

But, this was said in an IRC chan:

<&IJs> i assume 2008, but if something bad happens, probably not

So... let's hope nothing bad happens.

yeh aw well but theres one thing my friends just told me and there definately sure is that DP3 is coming out on christmas i just wanted to know if that was right.

It's not definite, since nobody knows, possibly not even the devs. Sure would be a nice Christmas present though xD

Well now its not DP3 anymore so that probably means that they will take even longer to make the new Multi Theft Auto 1.00? i hope not. i was really worried about the future as well i hope the Multi Theft Auto crew will never make us pay for the versions in later time i really hope not....

Well now its not DP3 anymore so that probably means that they will take even longer to make the new Multi Theft Auto 1.00? i hope not. i was really worried about the future as well i hope the Multi Theft Auto crew will never make us pay for the versions in later time i really hope not....

It's not like a name switch is gonna delay anything. And i believe open sourcing will speed things up, we already got two nice active developers from community who are helping alot, i suppose more are coming :)

I don't really know enough C++ to be able to help with the sources, and I don't have time to learn, too much other stuff to learn atm. I wish I did, though. :|

By the way, MTA can't get paid since they "only" mod an existing game. At least that's what a dev told me.

It's 2009 and still not released :(

Hey whats the rush? Have some patience, would you prefer them just releasing an un-finished client that's buggy and desynchronized? In the past month i've seen the roadmap go from 32% to 54% so without the open-source you'd have to wait much longer!

It should probably be brought to mind that hyping up the progress bar is probably a bad idea - there are probably quite a few hidden issues etc. to take care of too.

And of course, progress is frequently pushed back as bugs are added and reopened.