need help with camera function

jkub

I made a script to spectate random players, but is supposed to make the camera have a green tint to it but i cant get that to work right. and i am using the fade camera function anyway here it is...

function watch1 ( source, commandName ) 
    local x, y, z = getElementPosition( source ) 
    local randomPlayer = getRandomPlayer ( ) 
    setCameraTarget ( source, randomPlayer ) 
    fadeCamera ( source, false, 60, 30,  100, 0 ) 
end 

addCommandHandler ( "watch", watch1 ) 

but if i fade the camera in it will keep going until it is opaqe green but if i do it false it will just do nothing at all?

This function will fade a player's camera to a color or back to normal over a specified time period

I don't think that fadecamera does anything other than fade to opaque and back to normal... if you wanted a green tint i would suggest tiling a 1*1 semi transparent .png over the whole screen using guiCreateStaticImage... I can't think of another way of doing it.

k then i c. but also wat if i wanted to set the camera to watch an object instead of a player>>>>. ive already tryed doing that several differentways and had no luck getting the camera to watch an object. I assumed that the target of setCameraTarget dosent have to be a player, but maybe could be a object or vehicle instead, since it is an alement, ive tryed setting it towards botch vehicles and objects and i can only get it to work with players?