Two REALLY simple questions.

Guest themerchant8

Question

Am I allowed to use mods like Enb series or that 1 re texture mod in conjunction with MTA? They just improve graphics from what I can tell.

Also, what happened to the server that hosted this?

I finally find the ONE gamemode type I've been searching for... but cannot find it's server.

14 answers to this question

Answer to first question: cheating is something that affects gameplay. If those mods with different textures don't make it easier to see (for example, transparent textures), then I see no reason why it should be disallowed. ENBSeries mod makes it easier to see through water. You must disable water effect or modify enbseries.ini to make visibility not easier than without this mod. At least this is my opinion (but I'm almost always sure I'm right :P).

i'd recommend not to change anything in the game, even new graphics can bring advantages / disadvantages and could cause trouble

interstate69 is one of the default gamemodes which are included in the server package, you can host this your own or find a server which has all the default resources included (for example the eXo server or hannu's 2nd server have interstate69, use the /votemode command)

Answer to first question: cheating is something that affects gameplay. If those mods with different textures don't make it easier to see (for example, transparent textures), then I see no reason why it should be disallowed. ENBSeries mod makes it easier to see through water. You must disable water effect or modify enbseries.ini to make visibility not easier than without this mod. At least this is my opinion (but I'm almost always sure I'm right :P).

Yes it does make the water transparent, but it dosen't mean its not allowed, if so it wouldnt be accepted in mta, and if so there is no way for someone to release that he has enb series, so actually theres nothing stopping you.

Yes it does make the water transparent, but it dosen't mean its not allowed, if so it wouldnt be accepted in mta, and if so there is no way for someone to release that he has enb series, so actually theres nothing stopping you.

It makes easier to see, so that should be treated as cheating, for example, if someone is underwater and you are shooting at him. Things like these affect gameplay indirectly.

It makes easier to see, so that should be treated as cheating, for example, if someone is underwater and you are shooting at him. Things like these affect gameplay indirectly.

How often do you have to hit a diving person? =/

It definatly can be treated as cheating... Imagine the same thing in shooters like Counter-Strike; Replacing the water texture gives you an advantage over other players. And scarface just because mta runs fine with enb series it doesnt say it's allowed to use it in mta^^ than sobeit wouldn't be forbidden too ;)

How often do you have to hit a diving person? =/

Just because you hadn't done this for years it doesn't mean that "just for one time, this won't be cheating". However, the easiest way is to disable that water effect when you have to shoot somebody underwater :)

About Interstate 69, how come there is not a single server that hosts it?! I think it really sucks that there aren't many varied gamemodes in MTA server for the most part (there are some awesome servers though). I'd like to see some Assault and other sweet modes too, but they aren't even around anymore :?

btw, themerchant8, your name sounds familiar, do you play UT? I think that's were I recognize it from, but not sure :roll:

About Interstate 69, how come there is not a single server that hosts it?! I think it really sucks that there aren't many varied gamemodes in MTA server for the most part (there are some awesome servers though). I'd like to see some Assault and other sweet modes too, but they aren't even around anymore :?

btw, themerchant8, your name sounds familiar, do you play UT? I think that's were I recognize it from, but not sure :roll:

Agreed, I kinda like assault and interstate. I would have hosted it. IF my server would still work for online use... -.-

But if there's a new server for assault or interstate I won't notice it soon anyway. My serverbrowser in-game broke for some reason... -.-

Anyway, so who's going to host em? ^^

Agreed, I kinda like assault and interstate. I would have hosted it. IF my server would still work for online use... -.-

But if there's a new server for assault or interstate I won't notice it soon anyway. My serverbrowser in-game broke for some reason... -.-

Anyway, so who's going to host em? ^^

Here's a nice alternative o your server browser for now: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=mta :wink:

It'd be nice just having 'random' servers that let you votemode for whatever mode you want, I remember when DP1 first came out I'd go on servers and vote for a mode I wanted to play. If enough votes were cast it would change :)

I already know game-monitor, but it's just too bad that the in-game one doesn't work... :(

But you don't see those anymore nowadays. Probably too many voting for different modes, and finally one will get chosen while most voted for other modes... Must be frustrating. :P

My server is still running assault and interstate but until i uploaded my new gamemode today it wasn't really popular so i guess no one noticed...

votemanager should be turned on so just use /votemap interstate69/assault if you want to play the modes ;)

http://www.game-monitor.com/mta_GameSer ... erver.html

Uhm maybe i should mention that the server seems to crash regulary if the assault mode is beeing played (Memory error) and the server is sometimes a bit laggy because it's just a cheap virtual server :D

My server is still running assault and interstate but until i uploaded my new gamemode today it wasn't really popular so i guess no one noticed...

votemanager should be turned on so just use /votemap interstate69/assault if you want to play the modes ;)

http://www.game-monitor.com/mta_GameSer ... erver.html

Uhm maybe i should mention that the server seems to crash regulary if the assault mode is beeing played (Memory error) and the server is sometimes a bit laggy because it's just a cheap virtual server :D

Mine is cheaper, it's free. ^^

Anyway, looks pretty good. I might come today when I finished the phone resource. ;)