[Community Resource / Request] Phone Numbers!

XetaQuake

[..]

Both onClientPlayerQuit and onClientResourceStop are useless if you want to capture and synchronize data with the server for local players. When a client quits it doesn't say goodbye it is just gone...

What you are looking for is the server-side equivalent onPlayerQuit. However data should be stored beforehand because once the client disconnects it can not send it anymore.

Well that's the problem... A lot the data is stored client-side... =/

I'll try and fix it soon, but I need some weekend first. :P

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey :)

I have tested it, but i get a "loading script failed" on server.lua.

Here a the message:

INFO: Loading script failed: .../.../mods/deathmatch/resources/myPhoneEngine/server.lua:173: 'then' expected near '='

Also i have seeing one thing, that i am to be honest not so cheerful. The Credits.

When you mention your friend scarface in the meta.xml, then you should bring up me too, i think.

Do you remember, on my prototyp there was writen in the mta.xml: The whole MTA Community

And now i stay nowhere, but i was haves the idea, i created this thread and i scripts the design and cut the design in images...

I would be happy when do you understand that...

Back to Topic: Yea i don´t was able to test it, because of the Error message i posted above, the line in the script are:

if isBeingCalled then 

I tested a couple things, but i don´t getting it working too. Do you have the same Problem?

I WANT A CREDIT AS WELL!!! I SUGGESTED THE PDA! I CAME UP WITH SOME GREAT IDEAS! I NEED RECOGNITION!

You WILL get credit ;)

And I'm checking it. Pretty weird though since it didn't give it during testing.

EDIT: ... Are you sure of that error? There aren't any "=" in that line or at the end of the previous one... I still need to try it...

EDIT2: Ok, I'm now sure that mine works... Try again? And have you downloaded the right zip file?

Hi :D

I tested it again, same problem.

So i redownloaded the script and tried it again - same problem.

When i am Ingame and try to write /PDA, noting happens. Then when i look at /debugscript 3, i get this error:

clientun3.th.pngthpix.gif

The error in my last message was wrong, sorry. I was trying to fix it and edit server.lua instead of client.lua, so there was this error, but the whole error are on client.lua

Yea that works :) I tested it now: ITS GREAT! :shock:

The window looks realy awesome 8) And SMS works good, except for smaller things like subject or delet from sms.

But well i think the ENGINE works =) Good work!

Another think: Would we build the windows in the PDA Display? I think its a little bit difficult, but its possible :)

Possible i can try a little bit around

Well, this was just a small window I made to make it work. I REALLY suck at graphically designing things and therefor, I kept it standard. :P

Glad ya liked it. Now you have probably seen they won't be saved in SQL until you type "/smsupdate", but that's fixed! :P

I now have some other bugs to worry about since I made the remove button, but it'll get done. :P

In fact: I think I already know what the bug with the new system IS, and have almost solved it. Then you should be able to SMS the heck out of others! :P

The only thing left on MY TODO list for now:

-Character count in message window.

And I already know how to! You can expect the final prototype version today I think! ;)

EDIT:

***Update***

I have now finished the next version, found here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/149071034/myPhoneEngine.zip

Known issues: (couldn't solve them. If you know what's wrong, inform me please)

-Remove doesn't work properly. In a list of about 5 SMS', about 2 can't be removed permanently - they keep coming back every relog.

-Rare issue that one of the getElementData's retrieves a table, while a string is passed.

-For some reason, resendSMSList executes either multiple times, or the debugmessages do...

How are the other things doing?

Edited by Guest

Hi :)

I tries the new version - nice now it shows the sender =)

By the way: If I remember rightly, the number are saving with the Nick, but thats not good: Other peaple can change their nicks to read SMS and to get Numbers from other players ;) It should saving with loginnames :)

//EDIT: Woot, and the SMS are updating realtime - good work! 8)

Hi :)

I tries the new version - nice now it shows the sender =)

By the way: If I remember rightly, the number are saving with the Nick, but thats not good: Other peaple can change their nicks to read SMS and to get Numbers from other players ;) It should saving with loginnames :)

//EDIT: Woot, and the SMS are updating realtime - good work! 8)

Number is linked to nickname. Meaning that if I do that, he only needs to change nick and then reconnect. That's just no profit. Ok maybe a little, but not sufficient.

I'd actually needed serial or username. But well, stupid DP2.3... :(

Number is linked to nickname. Meaning that if I do that, he only needs to change nick and then reconnect. That's just no profit. Ok maybe a little, but not sufficient.

Yes so its in the current release, and my desire was to save it with the loginname/username.

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php?title=GetAccount

as you said already:

And with stuff like GetAccount, serials are not needed i think ;)

Yes so its in the current release, and my desire was to save it with the loginname/username.

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php?title=GetAccount

as you said already:

And with stuff like GetAccount, serials are not needed i think ;)

That's not the entire prob! I'd be smart enough for that... =/

Problem is: They all have the same username: DP2.3...

Or if you mean that you have to login, that'd take too long for most servers, since they have no alternative login. What means that it would take away the easiness to use. Get it? ;)

for DP2 support you'd want to have it so that you register an account on the server and then use that as the username?

edit: Ace Gambit just edited his post above to say the same thing, in effect. Yes, it requires more work on the server to set up, but it's definitely a good idea.

Edited by Guest
Oh, all usernames are the same, DP2.3?

:idea: - I didn't know that :D

But why i can /login [uSERNAME] when there are all the same?!

that's a local server account, unique to the server you're playing on, rather than your MTA community username. However, not every server is set up to allow that kind of thing, or at least not ervery server has a GUI equivalent of the register/login system, to make it easier for the players.

However, not every server is set up to allow that kind of thing, or at least not ervery server has a GUI equivalent of the register/login system, to make it easier for the players.

Thats a good old style from SAMP :D

Every player knows that. And for there there don´t know that: Make a simple welcome message with this tip or write it in the Helpwindow (F9) ;)

You can use the account functions in DP2. These functions are not related to the serial system at all but are part of the ACL system.

Yea i would say we make it same as 50p´s Bank script: Register a Bank account with /register, and login with /login.

Account functions

XetaQuake

Did you think about giving users a phonenumber?

Don't kill me now, but i didnt read all 11 pages with fully attention.

Maybe some of you got information if the serial system will come back?

If it will come back, we could use the serials as phone numbers.

If not, maybe we can "build" an own serial system, until Ace finished his work with SMTP? SO generating a random number and send it to each new unser of the PDA^^

Then we would also have a databased where all phone numbers are stored.

However, when i finished my work with CS gamemode, i will hopefully be free to be more active here ^^

[..]

If not, maybe we can "build" an own serial system, until Ace finished his work with SMTP?

[..]

I am not sure what you want to use it for but here's an early build of the MTA-Services module I am working on. It is a stripped version of the one I am distributed as part of a game mode because that one also includes MSN echo, RSS feed parser, Google search (lightweight), regular expression support and other helpful server services. But I don't want to release those yet so you can just play around with the early alpha build which only includes the SMTP service instead :lol: .

function test() 
  if (smtp_connect("smtp.host.com")) then 
    print("Connected to SMTP server.") 
    smtp_sender("Sender name", "[email protected]") 
    smtp_receiver("First receiver name", "[email protected]") 
    smtp_receiver("Second receiver name", "[email protected]") 
    smtp_receiver("Third receiver name", "[email protected]") 
    smtp_subject("MTA-Services module test") 
    smtp_body("Just testing the SMTP service =)") 
    if (smtp_send()) then 
      print("Message send.") 
    else 
      print("Can not send message.") 
    end 
  else 
    print("Can not connect to SMTP server.") 
  end 
end 

addCommandHandler("test", test, false) 

Did you think about giving users a phonenumber?

Don't kill me now, but i didnt read all 11 pages with fully attention.

[..]

You mean phonenumber generation? That was the very first thing I made... >.<

And Ace, is that a script for mailing inside MTA? Lol! MUST HAVE IT!!! :D

(dunno why, but might be handy. maybe sending a mail when they received an SMS? :P)