[Community Resource / Request] Phone Numbers!

XetaQuake

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ churchill: Tried it, but it looks BAAAD in my opinion... =/

It's barely even a window... It's just almost equal to a label, except that it's even harder to understand how it works... =/

If you guys don't mind, I'll keep it how it is. Looks good and no pain in the ***. :P

it would be cool with a computer :) no.. it wouldn't be cool, it would be AWESOME

And what do you mean? You want a COMPUTER for calling? o.O

@ churchill: Tried it, but it looks BAAAD in my opinion... =/

It's barely even a window... It's just almost equal to a label, except that it's even harder to understand how it works... =/

If you guys don't mind, I'll keep it how it is. Looks good and no pain in the ***. :P

it would be cool with a computer :) no.. it wouldn't be cool, it would be AWESOME

And what do you mean? You want a COMPUTER for calling? o.O

No xD emailing, chatting and stuff we could have msn on mobile AND computers hehe ;)

EDIT: Haha Posts: 112 (112 is 911 in sweden for the ppl that don't know it)

Edited by Guest
I'm pretty sure that the GUI can improved to make it look nice with the text display.

Seriously, it's the way to do it. Any other way would just pale in comparison! :)

I may have to take the code as it is and work on it myself at this rate :D

Ehm... If you're creating GUI already, then you can also immediatly make a few labels... Way more effective I guess. xD

Anyway, I guess I'm going to dinner in about a few minutes, and well still have some homework that needs to be done... (the horror! D:) So I'll post the newest version. Just in case. :P

HERE it is.

Note: The biggest new additions are 2 settings and SQL support. Not much else is added. Ofcourse, some minor things and a single bugfix(call someone and say something without that he answered the call yet in the previous version... xD), but well nothing major furthermore. :P

It has to be a PDA or something like that?

It would be better to use a normal cellphone.

Modern phone:

6300.jpg

Higher resolution of the above phone: http://opisales.se/images/NOKIA6300.jpg

Old phone (easier and FASTER to do (i want this script xD)):

nokia3310.jpg

Oh no... i spending 4.5 hours in scripting the PDA Design.I changing the Design once already, now i realy don´t change it once more!

Also i hate this NOKIA Phone design - a PDA is mutch more usefull, for example with NEWS.

@Gamesnert: Sounds good, i test it later :)

Next i update the GUI Design a little bit (end of this week), with working buttons as far as possible, layers, changing displays, numbers and so on.

Next i update the GUI Design a little bit (end of this week), with working buttons as far as possible, layers, changing displays, numbers and so on.

I think he has already done that :)

Eh? Me? Me+design=epic fail... Believe me... =/

Anyway, I have made a list of features (or whatever you may call it... More kind of a crappy list...) in about 10 minutes with a few demands or whatever... I don't even know what I typed anymore actually... =/

-With a press on the second button (I guess) SMS window should be activated.

-SMS window is a small window, big memo. Max of 160 chars.

-When an SMS is send, and the player is offline, an SQL script will download the information for the given phone number. And will then add the message at "unreadsms" column.

-Whenever a player logs in, the SQL data will be downloaded again. And it will show any unread SMS'.

-When an SMS is send while the player is logged in, it'll skip SQL and go to the player directly. Then when the SMS is closed, it'll be send to SMS'.

-There'll probably be a storage capacity of... What... 15 SMS'? Take note that SMS will not be as frequent as IRL!

-I don't know if the SQL part for SMS will fully work. I don't know the maximum amount of characters... Let's hope it's enough... =/

Note that the column unreadsms already exists in the latest version I gave, but doesn't work yet. I'll get on it soon enough.

If there is something you miss on the list, say so. Otherwise it's too much work for something not done yet... xD

seems like a wasteful reason to use a timer. There's no real problem with it arriving instantly, surely? Not to mention that it probably wouldn't be instant due to server lag etc?

And to be honest, how would the other notice it being delayed... :S

And it costs an extra function to make it work... :(

So well, I'm busy on it. Now that the 2 worst distractions are gone, I can now (hopefully) concentrate on working on this. Let's hope I can finish it soon.

Ok, I have been working on SMS for a few days now, and it was coming FAAST!

But now, progress is almost on a hold... I don't understand what's wrong... I mean, SMSing works and all, no problem, but when you quit or the resource is stopped/restarted, some SMS' disappear, some that were read are suddently unread, and some seem to swap positions in the SQL browser...

I don't know for sure about the swapping and all, but I do know that it's fairly close to completion. If there is someone who understands what's wrong with the script, could you fix it and send it? Progress has stopped for over 1 and a half hour... While normally I am stuck at a maximum of 45 minutes... =/

I have put comments at the top of Server.lua and Client.lua with some information. Especially client.lua is important, since the SMS handling is client-side. Only saving and loading are really server-side. But I don't think the problem is server-side.

And for anyone who can't wait to call, well you can use this version if you want, but there are a lot of debug messages and bugs left, so I don't really recommend it unless you want to see how the SMS works so far. ;)

By the way, file is HERE.

EDIT: And sorry for double-post... But I guess a difference of 2 days is enough?

EDIT2: Nevermind! I fixed it! I'll upload the updated version soon. And believe it or not, this version will actually be usable in real servers! Although it won't be fully done with devellopment. ;)

I don't know how far others are with scripting, but if they're still busy for a few days, then I'm going to implent custom-skin support, what I have already been developing for a short while.

I don't know if anyone has got any additional suggestions to the version already present? And by the way, if there are any other big bugs, or even warnings, let us know so we can work them out BEFORE release. ;)

EDIT3: Lol this is a disaster! SQL can't take about 2520 characters... :D

MySQL however seems to support up to 65535 characters... Let's switch! ^^

Nah... We'll need to figure out something else... Not every server supports MySQL, and for local servers installing it is difficult to some... (But that's what easyPHP is for! ^^)

OMG i had my gm in my sa-mp server all in MySQL i got it working but today nothing that had to do with localhosted mysql worked :o:(

Eh... Is that related to this topic? Well maybe that the first few REAL versions may require MySQL... But what exactly is your point of telling this? :P

OMG i had my gm in my sa-mp server all in MySQL i got it working but today nothing that had to do with localhosted mysql worked :o:(

Eh... Is that related to this topic? Well maybe that the first few REAL versions may require MySQL... But what exactly is your point of telling this? :P

That i won't install MySQL 5times the same day adain -.-'

So anyway: Does anybody know a good trick for SQL to make it possible to save at the very least about 2,520 characters for each player? Or does this resource really need MySQL?

Now I think of it... Isn't 2,520 characters about 2kb? Because if it would have been huge, then I had to decrease it anyway.

I'm still keen on having the conversation appear in a separate window to the main chat. If I have some time tonight I'm going to try and work on a gui where you can add players to a private chat area. It'll be a separate resource probably, allowing for "teamsay" type chats (I guess you could have restrictions on who has team chat facilities, e.g. Police and Emergency services, but not any random gang on your server), or a window for admin users, etc.

But this same resource would then be useable in this phone/pda system, because by default it will just be a private chat for the two players, but will also then extend to allow conference calling.

Hey :D

The exam and some other stuff are ended :o:)

Can i get a status report, so i know whats to do and so on :wink:

XetaQuake

Progress has stopped for some days. The bugs in the very latest version I posted should be solved, but there is a BIG problem: SQL doesn't support the huge length of 15 SMS' with 160(actually, 168) chars and my guess is that we need to go to MySQL. Which is alot harder for the customer...

I had also been working with the skin support for a bit, but while progress halted I didn't do much with this... Felt it was time for another game for a small while until I knew how to let SQL work or if we're going to skip to MySQL.

I don't know what GuiSerpo has made of it right now, but I understood from him that he was trying to implent Churchill's betterWeather into it, and he was also working on his own SMS system if I remember it right... Might help right now if it DOES work for him!

So I guess I'm going on with making custom skin support until I get further orders. :P

EDIT: And scarface, there were only 6 downloads of the latest version of the phone engine... IN 3-4 DAYS... No wonder most haven't tested it... xD

there is a BIG problem: SQL doesn't support the huge length of 15 SMS' with 160(actually, 168) chars and my guess is that we need to go to MySQL. Which is alot harder for the customer...

Oh noo thats bad :/

A alternative: smaller SMS? So there is a limit of chars or so.

Is this Limit only for one table or in the whole database?

there is a BIG problem: SQL doesn't support the huge length of 15 SMS' with 160(actually, 168) chars and my guess is that we need to go to MySQL. Which is alot harder for the customer...

Oh noo thats bad :/

A alternative: smaller SMS? So there is a limit of chars or so.

Is this Limit only for one table or in the whole database?

Well, the IRL limit is 160. It also has that same 160 limit. But that's too big... =/