GTA4 (with online multiplayer) for PC: Future for MTA?

riahc3

Question

• Answers 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

WOW Alot of talk about this.

My personal opinion: MTA will continue development with GTA SA. They wont even try to touch GTAIV.

No, I'm guessing MTA will at least give it a shot, I mean, they did before. Just look at GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas, what's gonna stop them from this next big release? Especially if Rockstar screws it up, people are gonna start looking for mods to improve their GTA4 online experience.

When's the last time I posted? :|

Fri 16-05-2008, 11:55

actually they alway say its exclusive to consoles until they finish the pc version to push the sales (agreements with microsoft and sony).

xD long time! :)

well i think that mta will giveit a shot too :wink: well i hope so! Rockstars mp sucks

There has been some speculation of increased max players in the IV PC version. I don’t think Rockstar’s multiplayer system is designed to hold large numbers of players. So, I’m not expecting anything dramatic in this area. SA-MP is able to hold 200 players because we sacrifice a lot of the sync and only sync the bare minimum that we can get away with.

The main difference between SA-MP and the IV multiplayer is that we have a dedicated server that runs on Windows and Linux. The IV multiplayer requires that someone playing the game is the host. If the host leaves the game, someone else is automatically assigned as the host. The IV multiplayer is also a peer to peer system - meaning clients are sending information about their game state directly to one another. I feel that having a server acting as an arbitrator of all game data is important as the player numbers increase. That being said, it would be very difficult to have peds and co-op game-play in a system like SA-MP.

(this is just an example and explanation on how it works)

When's the last time I posted? :|

Fri 16-05-2008, 11:55

actually they alway say its exclusive to consoles until they finish the pc version to push the sales (agreements with microsoft and sony).

xD long time! :)

well i think that mta will giveit a shot too :wink: well i hope so! Rockstars mp sucks

There has been some speculation of increased max players in the IV PC version. I don’t think Rockstar’s multiplayer system is designed to hold large numbers of players. So, I’m not expecting anything dramatic in this area. SA-MP is able to hold 200 players because we sacrifice a lot of the sync and only sync the bare minimum that we can get away with.

The main difference between SA-MP and the IV multiplayer is that we have a dedicated server that runs on Windows and Linux. The IV multiplayer requires that someone playing the game is the host. If the host leaves the game, someone else is automatically assigned as the host. The IV multiplayer is also a peer to peer system - meaning clients are sending information about their game state directly to one another. I feel that having a server acting as an arbitrator of all game data is important as the player numbers increase. That being said, it would be very difficult to have peds and co-op game-play in a system like SA-MP.

(this is just an example and explanation on how it works)

C'mon! Let's make a dedicated server mod already! :D

Then we're going to remake MTA for GTA IV! :D

But to be honest: I do think MTA will be better on SA than IV I guess... There is no such thing as open space in GTA IV, while here there is a lot!

Also: No planes... Worst decision ever in my opinion... :?

But I would still love to see it! :D

With the current modular MTA Blue core it is much easier to port it to any game. MTA Team does not have to rewrite most the things from scratch to do an MP for a new game, only the mta-game interface to be changed mostly.

So... We can expect MTA for GTA IV if IV supports mods?

If so... KEWL!

I would like to see it for once. But well, as I mentioned earlier, I think the SA version would still be better. ;)

With the current modular MTA Blue core it is much easier to port it to any game. MTA Team does not have to rewrite most the things from scratch to do an MP for a new game, only the mta-game interface to be changed mostly.

So... We can expect MTA for GTA IV if IV supports mods?

If so... KEWL!

I would like to see it for once. But well, as I mentioned earlier, I think the SA version would still be better. ;)

Gamesnert i do not agree on this, so what there are no planes, we can always convert from sa, like vc and lc! and for all the other stuff, it will be amazing! :)

Gamesnert i do not agree on this, so what there are no planes, we can always convert from sa, like vc and lc! and for all the other stuff, it will be amazing! :)

I don't think it'll ever be supported to ADD vehicles, only to modify them. And if that's true, bye bye convert to GTA IV... :(

I don't think it'll ever be supported to ADD vehicles, only to modify them. And if that's true, bye bye convert to GTA IV... :(

I'm sure there's a way to add new vehicles to GTA3/VS/SA, I know there's a limit like 4-5 vehicles, but in theory it's possible

Thats already been done and with also more than 5, its a bit buggy at the moment, and gamesnert i meant to convert a plane from sa to IV since IV does not have planes.

I'm sure there's a way to add new vehicles to GTA3/VS/SA, I know there's a limit like 4-5 vehicles, but in theory it's possible

Thats already been done and with also more than 5, its a bit buggy at the moment, and gamesnert i meant to convert a plane from sa to IV since IV does not have planes.

If it doesn't have any planes, then how can you script them to fly in a normal way? I don't really think this is an easy task to make plane models flyable... =/

If it doesn't have any planes, then how can you script them to fly in a normal way? I don't really think this is an easy task to make plane models flyable... =/

In LC and VC there are no planes/choppers/bikes but mta converted them from sa, this could be done with IV but wont be easy, i heard that R* did not make planes in IV cause of 911 or somethin, anyone know exactly why ?

Edited by Guest

In LB and VC there are no planes/choppers/bikes but mta converted them from sa, this could be done with IV but wont be easy, i heard that R* did not make planes in IV cause of 911 or somethin, anyone know exactly why ?

VC did have planes, choppers and bikes...

And LB... Do you mean LC? For as far as I know it did have the Dodo... Maybe it had bikes, dunno. And not sure bout choppers either.

But it DID have a plane! (think about dodo duel! :D)

EDIT: Due to 911... Lol if they just don't make the twin towers or ground zero, but DO make the planes, there would be no prob... =/

EDIT2: Just thinking... Why don't terrorists hijack one of the planes that ARE driving around? Just as simple! So that didn't solve 911 trouble in atleast MY mind! :D

Edited by Guest
Well its not my fault if im not a great fan about those two games, some stuff were really converted, and im just trying to say that it should be possible, im sure some one will make a mod :)

I only played SA and VC, and that about LS, well, I watched a video about Dodo Duel once. :P

It should be possible, but really hard to make a plane act like a plane, instead of a helicopter or car... =/

In ... VC there are no planes/choppers/bikes

In VC, there always was those things. That was one of the things that made VC stand out over its predecessor.

In LC and VC there are no planes/choppers/bikes but mta converted them from sa,

Wrong, the MTA team never converted anything from SA into GTA3 or Vice City for it's multiplayer releases.

Well its not my fault if im not a great fan about those two games

Yes it is. You should do a little research before posting. Wikipedia will tell you all about the series, and the features gained and lost as the series progressed.

some stuff were really converted, and im just trying to say that it should be possible, im sure some one will make a mod :)

No, some stuff was not converted, I know you want there to be such things, because it would be pretty cool, but the truth is all these games you're talking about are closed source. This means that you cannot open them up and look inside to see how they work, rather, you need to sit there and find all the memory addresses so that you can hack into them, to get a preferred result. Fun. There's a little more to it than that, but that's just an example.

Mind you,i haven't been active in this community lately. If there are plans of a GTA 4 version of the mod,how is Windows Live going to affect its development.

How mod friendly is Windows Live anyway? *going back into lurk mode

Well no one can be sure until they see it for them selves, let time decide,well always have MTA SA DM anyway :D

I will gladly play the modded mta version of IV over the factory based version.

As long as it isn't like mtasa. The whole racing thing got kinda old.

and I am pretty sure the biggest death of modded versions, is no one patched the second edition

to work on mta. There are tons more of the second edition, and if your 1st edition is ruined, you're screwed.