Can i install MTA:DM and Race on my PC?

in the DM support forum I think someone posted a little batch file to change between race and dm.

they tend to overwrite the registry entries for each other and I dont think u can run them both at the same time.

I would advise against trying to do this at the moment if u already have DM installed because with the serial generator down there is no way to reinstall DM if u decide to install race :D

• 4 weeks later...
in the DM support forum I think someone posted a little batch file to change between race and dm.

they tend to overwrite the registry entries for each other and I dont think u can run them both at the same time.

I would advise against trying to do this at the moment if u already have DM installed because with the serial generator down there is no way to reinstall DM if u decide to install race :D

yes i dont recogmend it either, :? they over writed each other and dm bacame race too xD

It is possibly to use both with a little messing around.

I just install race first, then back up the contents of the GTA directory and MTA install directories. Next, install DM. Make a second set of backups for GTA directory and MTA install directory. Then just paste into the GTA and MTA directories the versions that you want to use each time. There is no need to actually reinstall each time as long as DM was installed second, race will still work with DM registry entries. That is the method I use to utilize the race editor for making DM race maps.

I assume that is what the batch files mentioned do anyway.

Of course you don't need to backup the entire GTA directory, just the files in the root directory and the MTA subdirectory.

It is possibly to use both with a little messing around.

I just install race first, then back up the contents of the GTA directory and MTA install directories. Next, install DM. Make a second set of backups for GTA directory and MTA install directory. Then just paste into the GTA and MTA directories the versions that you want to use each time. There is no need to actually reinstall each time as long as DM was installed second, race will still work with DM registry entries. That is the method I use to utilize the race editor for making DM race maps.

I assume that is what the batch files mentioned do anyway.

Of course you don't need to backup the entire GTA directory, just the files in the root directory and the MTA subdirectory.

Its just a waste of time, someone found out how to use both without replacing anything

Its just a waste of time, someone found out how to use both without replacing anything

Can you give me a link to that thread? All the searches I have done on the matter only give me threads about not being able to use the editor in race 1.1.1, or using offedit etc in DM.

well it shows you didnt search well :| , ill post it when i find it :wink:

• 1 year later...