A discussion on an existing resource - slrfuel?

churchill

we could infact do it the older mtarace way lol, save everything to a players name lol and not serial for the time being, and make the player login using there password, so that other people cannot steel money, etc ....

Lol, let's make DM in race :D

I just gave up on it for now, my head is racing with other scripts anyway. Never the less I like this one better than the other fuel script thats out it's just that nothing saves, like you have 50 percent fuel and when u re-enter the vehicle its reset AND none of the blips work... maybe because I have dp2.3. Sadly im using the other fuel script until this one is done. Sorry I cant offer any help as far as scripting and I hope you guys tackle this problem because this script is the BEST fuel script I've seen EVER. GoodLuck!!!

I used dp2.1 and 0 and I had that also, I think its just the way the script is designed. It holds the value clientside. You can fix the blips though, there stored in a map file and for some reason they don;t work from there so you just have to take them out and add them manually in lua.

I used dp2.1 and 0 and I had that also, I think its just the way the script is designed. It holds the value clientside. You can fix the blips though, there stored in a map file and for some reason they don;t work from there so you just have to take them out and add them manually in lua.

Thanks Man!!! I'm glad you commented... you just got me a little further down the road. I love you for this :fadein: Thanks again!

Bad Points

1.) it doesnt hold any values client side

2.) the blips are created in the script not a .map file

Good Points

i have been working on a house, there for the progress of this script has been very slow, now the house has just been finnished yesterday, so i have a lot of free time to crack on with it, the time that i have had i have been making the script use SQL and not XML, the script doesnt use the players serial anymore but you are asked to login using your password specified, when you first join the sever, im sorry it has to be done this way untill the dp3 is released, and also i had a discussion with Codemaster lastnight about what happens when a player runs out of fuel and cannot reach the fuel station, that will alll be resolved soon, well when dp3 comes out because i need peds to make it work :D

anyway keep checking back here and i will keep you informed about it, i should have updated the resources ither by to-night(providing i dont have to go out) or tomorrow night :D

other than that please can some one do a appropriate list of whats not working due to the serial problems, it allworks for me because i have got a serial so.. i cannot find out unless i make another email-> another account.

thanks

jon

other than that please can some one do a appropriate list of whats not working due to the serial problems, it allworks for me because i have got a serial so.. i cannot find out unless i make another email-> another account.

The only difference between dp2.1 and dp2.3 is that getPlayerUserName returns "DP2.3" and getPlayerSerial returns "0000-0000-0000-0000". The client doesn't do anything with the registry.

also i had a discussion with Codemaster lastnight about what happens when a player runs out of fuel and cannot reach the fuel station, that will alll be resolved soon, well when dp3 comes out because i need peds to make it work :D

Why not do what I suggested in the meantime, if it's possible, fade the camera, move the player and his vehicle to the nearest garage, spawn a recovery vehicle alongside it, and fade the camera back in to make it look like someone came and brought you and your vehicle to the nearest garage?

hey sorry its a bit late, i have had some trouble with the sql thing, altho the script is now running fully sql, i am tryign to get churchills idea into the script for tomorrow then i will take it from there, and the plane refills should be there soon :D if all goes well tomorrow and i dont have to do anything other than check ma grans dog then i shoudl be able to release it sorry i couldnt monday i had to go to the airport( a forrgot lol )

• 1 year later...

Help

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: xmlLoadFile may be using an outdated syntax. Please check and update. - Line: 210

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeGetAttribute' - Line: 212

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 222

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 223

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 224

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 225

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 226

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 227

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: xmlLoadFile may be using an outdated syntax. Please check and update. - Line: 210

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeGetAttribute' - Line: 212

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 222

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 223

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 224

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 225

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 226

[12:44:52] WARNING: 1_ServerFuelGage.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 227