[REQ]RPG Gamemode

Guest blbl

I think you're better off to do a small RP server first, and go to RPG later on. The reason is that RP servers do not contain all too much functions, lines and elements. Making it easier for you.

But do you know how to script? Have you read the wiki? Those are things you should do before posting. We can help, sure RP things are a piece of cake to the most 'round here. But if you know how to script yourself, imagine the advantage.

If you do know how to script, script these things atleast:

-A spawnscript

-A (small) map

-An "onPlayerWasted" script (when a player died)

-Some functions to make your server slowly go from RP to RPG.

As I said you'll learn how to script in the wiki. You really can't find it there? THEN we can help you. ;)

If this is your first programming language then it will be a bit difficult for you to learn. It won't take a few hours, but days maybe even weeks to get into it.

Took days/weeks to get it in my case... And it's my 3rd or 4th language... :S

Anyway, the wiki is indeed difficult. But keep on reading, and you have learned your first programming language in no-time. ;)

By the way, read my sig. There is a sentence that may help you. ;)

Also some of the wiki examples are broken

You having that problem too?

you are free to fix them :P

Hmmm... Not a bad idea... When I've solved several bugs on my own server for today, I'll take a look at the examples. Also, is the MTA team aware of the spawnmanager where are some bugs in? Such as the setSpawnpointTeam bugs? Look at my post about the spawnmanager.

But well, back on topic: Apparently people are aware of the examples being broken. They'll be fixed in time. Still thanks for reporting Winky. ;)

And Winky, it won't take ages. ;)

Hello... I am comming from SA:MP Where a Community called Wild West Roleplay. We are planning to make a RP Server here on MTA:Sa for trying it out... Everybody that want a RP Experience should try this... It will maybe be Launched in some mounths

Boy boy boy boy LEARN lua, creating a complete rp(g) gamemode costs 500 €!

So, first staps:

Create little scripts, test them

if it is very good go higher and higher till you can make an rp(g). Good luck! And don't ask who will do it for free. We are stupid but not that stupid.

• 5 weeks later...