MTA not getting past log-on screen

Guest MrCrake

Hello Internet.

Seen a few topics that are similar to this problem, but mine is that the installation of MTA never gets past the log-in screen. I've made an account and got GTA:SA v1.0. Is there something really simple I'm missing? Thanks.

clipboard02fl3.th.jpg

do u get any errors when u click next on the screen pictured

by the looks of it you have already registered with MTA BETA.com but i have seen people have problems with the serial number not being put in registry properly.

have u ever run MTA DM before and uninstalled it

if u know details for account on MTA BETA.com best bet is to go there login and get your mta serial number from your profile and then check in system registry to make sure the one there is the same

if on windows XP just click start and then run

type regedit and click ok

open My Computer\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Multi Theft Auto:San Andreas and u should have 4 entries

1 : (default)

2 : GTA:SA Path

3 : Serial ( check serial number against one on MTA BETA.com profile )

4 : username ( check against MTA BETA.com )

if username and serial are missing then

right click right side screen and create new STRING VALUE ( u need 2 of these )

then right click and modify first string ( VALUE NAME is "username" without the quotes and VALUE DATA is the username u registered wih MTA BETA.com )

then right click and modify second STRING VALUE ( VALUE NAME is "serial" without the quotes and VALUE DATA is the serial number from MTA BETA.com )

you should then be able to run install and choose existing account :D

do u get any errors when u click next on the screen pictured

by the looks of it you have already registered with MTA BETA.com but i have seen people have problems with the serial number not being put in registry properly.

have u ever run MTA DM before and uninstalled it

if u know details for account on MTA BETA.com best bet is to go there login and get your mta serial number from your profile and then check in system registry to make sure the one there is the same

if on windows XP just click start and then run

type regedit and click ok

open My Computer\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Multi Theft Auto:San Andreas and u should have 4 entries

1 : (default)

2 : GTA:SA Path

3 : Serial ( check serial number against one on MTA BETA.com profile )

4 : username ( check against MTA BETA.com )

if username and serial are missing then

right click right side screen and create new STRING VALUE ( u need 2 of these )

then right click and modify first string ( VALUE NAME is "username" without the quotes and VALUE DATA is the username u registered wih MTA BETA.com )

then right click and modify second STRING VALUE ( VALUE NAME is "serial" without the quotes and VALUE DATA is the serial number from MTA BETA.com )

you should then be able to run install and choose existing account :D

Cheers for the reply! But nah, I've never got past that screen for installation, so nothing's gone into the registry yet. All I get from that screenshot above is that the setup pauses for about 10 seconds, then waits again for input. Maybe I need to get some ports forwarded? Don't know what else can be done really.

Install MTA RACE so u can create de registry keys (try installing then). If it doesn't: delete the registry keys you created when installing MTA RACE (both) and change compatibility mode in the installer for win 98, then install. This helped me out to finish the installation, hope it helps for you aswel :) .