Trying to mod DFT 30 truck

hello :D

i am trying to load a mod for the DFT 30 truck i have found

it is supposed to let you carry cars and things around on the back of the truck and it cokes with an associated forklift mod which lets u lift up cars with the forklift

from what i have read in the forums i dont know if this is possible before DP3

i have loaded DFT and TXD files to change the appearance of vehicles but to use the DFT 30 and FORKLIFT mod i need to change other settings as well and i wanted to know if this is possible

sorry if this is answered in another thread but i have read most of them and there doesnt seem to be a definite answer

i have read that u cant edit handling until DP3 but im not sure if thats what i need to do

this is from the readme that comes with the mod. i took some of the numbers out but i hope you can get an idea of what i need to do. i am just not sure what i need to do about all the numbers.

Forklift: Replace " Forklift.dff " in gta3.img file

Handling: (just added more mass to the vehicle)

FORKLIFT 8000.0 1354.2 2.0 0.0 -0.2 -0.35 70 0.80 0.85 0.5 3 60.0 12.0

thanx for any ideas :D

ok

thanx for the reply

it does seem to work ok without the handling changes ( u just have to be really careful with the forklift when its loaded )

on a related note i was wondering if i can attach a collision shape to the dft30 truck so it will create a tail gate that closes when u drive a car into the back of the truck. i have manged to do this with the side panel and rear panel and rear door on the aircraft carrier but when i try to attach the collision shape to the truck it doesnt seem to work. is it possible to do this ?

ok

thanx for the reply

it does seem to work ok without the handling changes ( u just have to be really careful with the forklift when its loaded )

on a related note i was wondering if i can attach a collision shape to the dft30 truck so it will create a tail gate that closes when u drive a car into the back of the truck. i have manged to do this with the side panel and rear panel and rear door on the aircraft carrier but when i try to attach the collision shape to the truck it doesnt seem to work. is it possible to do this ?

Yes its possible, use engine functions to change the COL dff and txd for that of your tailgate from those of some disused object, then use attachElementToElement to attach it to your truck.